Fwd: Kubuntu seeding snaps

Valorie Zimmerman
Not sure why Will sent this directly to me, but is anybody interested
in making this happen?

Valorie

Re: Fwd: Kubuntu seeding snaps

Franklin Weng
Hi,

I've never done this before.  Any guide to do that?

Franklin

--
Sent from my phone

2018年3月7日 06:57,"Valorie Zimmerman" <[hidden email]>寫道:

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Franklin Weng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've never done this before.  Any guide to do that?
>

> Franklin

There is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuSeededSnaps

How to check and see what snaps already have been made (mostly by the
neon team) I do not know

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Fwd: Kubuntu seeding snaps

Will Cooke-2
Sorry I missed the message to the mailing list.  I spoke to Franklin yesterday and wanted to share some info with the list in general and see if anyone would like to make these changes for 18.04.

The machinery to add a snap to the image is all in place and totally generic.  You can see from the Ubuntu Desktop seeds here:

That it's a simple case of including the snaps you want seeded.  These make their way in to the live CD and in to the installed OS.  (The previous problems with snaps trying to update themselves in the live session are now fixed in Casper.)

If we take KCalc as an example, you would need to remove the kcalc line from your current seed, and add:

snap:kde-frameworks-5
snap:kcalc

.. and that should be it.

With the snaps being produced by KDE you could free up some time from maintaining those packages yourselves.  While KCalc might not be the best example of freeing up time, it's a toe in the water.

If I can offer any help with this, please let me know.

Cheers, Will

--
http://about.me/valoriez