Fwd: Unactioned team request for ubuntu-l10n-yuw

Fwd: Unactioned team request for ubuntu-l10n-yuw

H Sarvasy

Dear Ubuntu translators,

Please excuse me for writing to this list. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a team creation request originally submitted on 2016-12-12 that still hasn't been acted on. It has already expired once for lack of action, and still isn't assigned to anyone. The request is at:

Hello, I am Dr. Hannah Sarvasy and I am a linguist at the Australian National University who is proposing to work with the Nungon people of Morobe Province, Papua New ...
We were careful to follow all the instructions on the ‘Starting a new Ubuntu Translations team’ page:

wiki.ubuntu.com
Translations > Knowledge Base > Starting a new Ubuntu Translations team . Starting a new Ubuntu Translations team. The purpose of this page is to document the series ...

If we had missed something or done something else wrong, I would expect to be told rather than simply not have the request actioned at all.

Can anyone help or explain, please? We’re happy to supply anything in the way of missing information, etc. We'd just like to be able to start in on the localization project.

Cheers,

Hannah Sarvasy
Nungon Localization Team Co-ordinator
(or aspiring to be)

Re: Fwd: Unactioned team request for ubuntu-l10n-yuw

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your message. There is no reason to apologize. ;)

The locale must be present in Ubuntu before the team can be approved and
translation work can be started. I have filed
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/1658068> as an attempt to push the process.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GunnarHj