Fwd: how to use packages from dapper?

Pablo Valerio Polonia
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pablo Valerio Polonia <[hidden email]>
Date: 06/11/2005 21:53
Subject: how to use packages from dapper?
To: [hidden email]

Im interested in test packages from develpment(Dapper Drake), how can i do that?

Thanks

Pablo Valério Polônia

Re: how to use packages from dapper?

Daniel Robitaille
> Im interested in test packages from develpment(Dapper Drake), how can i do that?

one way is to install breezy. then dist-upgrade to dapper.

--
Daniel Robitaille

Re: Fwd: how to use packages from dapper?

Ivan Krstic-2
Pablo Valerio Polonia wrote:
> Im interested in test packages from develpment(Dapper Drake), how can
> i do that?

If you need to ask, I very strongly recommend you don't attempt it.
While we are planning on Dapper being a much more tame release than
Breezy, you need to understand that there still might be all sorts of
breakage in the archive that can quite possibly render your system unusable.

If you're doing this on a spare machine that you can afford to reinstall
as necessary, running:

 sed -i s/breezy/dapper/ /etc/apt/sources.list
 apt-get update
 apt-get dist-upgrade

as root will do what you want.

--
Ivan Krstic <[hidden email]> | 0x147C722D