GFTP question

Billie Walsh
  Does GFTP support sftp connections?

--
"The dog is a gentleman. I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."

Mark Twain

Re: GFTP question

J. L.-2
On 27.07.2018 22:53, Billie Walsh wrote:
>  Does GFTP support sftp connections?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to enter "GFTP" (or even an additional
"SFTP") in the search engine of Your liking and find the answer to Your
question or problem on Your own?

At least my search (only "GFTP") via startpage gave me the correct
answer in the first, second and third search result ...

SCNR!

Re: GFTP question

Billie Walsh
I was not nearly as successful as you were. Mores the pity. Perhaps I woldn't have had to bother your valuable time.

On 28.07.2018 05:59, Billie Walsh wrote:

> I was not nearly as successful as you were. Mores the pity. Perhaps I
> woldn't have had to bother your valuable time.
>

> On Friday, July 27, 2018 4:16 PM, J. L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 27.07.2018 22:53, Billie Walsh wrote:
>>  Does GFTP support sftp connections?
>>

> Wouldn't it be a lot easier to enter "GFTP" (or even an additional
> "SFTP") in the search engine of Your liking and find the answer to Your
> question or problem on Your own?
>
> At least my search (only "GFTP") via startpage gave me the correct
> answer in the first, second and third search result ...
>
> SCNR!

Well, so here You are:

1. link: https://www.gftp.org/
2. link: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFTP
3. link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFTP
4. link: https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/gFTP/

And all of these state that GFTP does indeed support SFTP ...

And this is the search-link i used:
https://www.startpage.com/do/search?query=GFTP&cat=web&pl=chrome&language=deutsch
Simpy "GFTP" and those are the first four results!

Absolutely no rocket science ...! At least in my opinion ...! ;-)

Pls. do have a nice weekend!

Re: GFTP question

J. L.-2
On 28.07.2018 05:59, Billie Walsh wrote:

> I was not nearly as successful as you were. Mores the pity. Perhaps I
> woldn't have had to bother your valuable time.
>

> On Friday, July 27, 2018 4:16 PM, J. L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 27.07.2018 22:53, Billie Walsh wrote:
>>  Does GFTP support sftp connections?
>>

> Wouldn't it be a lot easier to enter "GFTP" (or even an additional
> "SFTP") in the search engine of Your liking and find the answer to Your
> question or problem on Your own?
>
> At least my search (only "GFTP") via startpage gave me the correct
> answer in the first, second and third search result ...
>
> SCNR!

It might perhaps be interesting to / for You that on this link
https://alternativeto.net/software/gftp/
it says "gFTP is discontinued. Find alternatives in the list below or
click here for more info "

You didn't ask but FileZilla does it for me ... And does it very well! :-)

Good luck to You!

Re: GFTP question

J. L.-2
On 28.07.2018 11:44, J. L. wrote:

> On 28.07.2018 05:59, Billie Walsh wrote:
>> I was not nearly as successful as you were. Mores the pity. Perhaps I
>> woldn't have had to bother your valuable time.
>>

>> On Friday, July 27, 2018 4:16 PM, J. L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 27.07.2018 22:53, Billie Walsh wrote:
>>>  Does GFTP support sftp connections?
>>>

>> Wouldn't it be a lot easier to enter "GFTP" (or even an additional
>> "SFTP") in the search engine of Your liking and find the answer to Your
>> question or problem on Your own?
>>
>> At least my search (only "GFTP") via startpage gave me the correct
>> answer in the first, second and third search result ...
>>
>> SCNR!
>>

>> --
>>

> It might perhaps be interesting to / for You that on this link
> https://alternativeto.net/software/gftp/
> it says "gFTP is discontinued. Find alternatives in the list below or
> click here for more info "
>
> You didn't ask but FileZilla does it for me ... And does it very well! :-)
>
> Good luck to You!

And if one reads the homepage exactly and till the end one can easily
find out the same:

> The Future
>
> June 2013 - It has been over five years since I last put out a new release of gFTP. I have some ideas about where I would like to see the project go, however life gets in the way. I would like to hand this project off to someone compotent. I am willing to work with you to help get you up to speed on the code base and what I think needs to be done to improve it. I would expect a few patches first to ensure interest, but after that you would be free to take the project in whatever direction that you wanted.

Even the first line isn't that funny with regard to constant development
as the actual version is nearly 10 (!) years old: