GNU Guix

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GNU Guix

ubuntu-users mailing list
Hello All,

I came across an amazing project called GNU Guix.

So, I made an animation to introduce the novel concepts of this project.

Here is the link for the video,
https://gnuguix-drive.mycozy.cloud/public?sharecode=YvERPGX14g5S

Please leave me a feedback on your experience.

Cheers,
Cuckoo's Calling.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Ian Bruntlett
Hi Cuckoo,

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 12:06, Cuckoo's Calling via ubuntu-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All,

I came across an amazing project called GNU Guix.

So, I made an animation to introduce the novel concepts of this project.

Here is the link for the video,
https://gnuguix-drive.mycozy.cloud/public?sharecode=YvERPGX14g5S

Please leave me a feedback on your experience.

Cheers,
Cuckoo's Calling.

Aren't you the same guy who posted a broken URL to a video that you wanted checking out and then ignored emails asking you about it?

BW,


Ian

--
-- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org
-- My writing - https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Wade Smart-2
This person is posting on a few ubuntu groups - always
from a protonmail account.  Be aware.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Jared Norris
In reply to this post by ubuntu-users mailing list


On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 21:06, Cuckoo's Calling via ubuntu-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All,

I came across an amazing project called GNU Guix.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Hi all,

It appears we have someone who is persistent in posting spam links to the group. We (the moderation team) will do our best to prevent this ongoing but due to the nature of the list and posting it may be difficult to completely prevent without significant disruption.

In the meantime, we ask you all to practice good online hygiene and not click on suspicious links sent by unknown people.

Regards,
Jared
(on behalf of the moderation team)

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Karl Auer
In reply to this post by ubuntu-users mailing list
On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 11:04 +0000, Cuckoo's Calling via ubuntu-users
wrote:
> Here is the link for the video

Anonymity is fine. I would like to point out however that it is not the
general tradition of this mailing list.

Also, the link given could be a link to anything at all. Be very
cautious about visiting that link.

The username is suspicious. "Cuckoo" - really?

Regards, K.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karl Auer ([hidden email])
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer

GPG fingerprint: 2561 E9EC D868 E73C 8AF1 49CF EE50 4B1D CCA1 5170
Old fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Peter Flynn
Block protonmail first.

P

On 29 September 2020 12:21:09 Karl Auer <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 11:04 +0000, Cuckoo's Calling via ubuntu-users
wrote:
Here is the link for the video

Anonymity is fine. I would like to point out however that it is not the
general tradition of this mailing list.

Also, the link given could be a link to anything at all. Be very
cautious about visiting that link.

The username is suspicious. "Cuckoo" - really?

Regards, K.

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karl Auer ([hidden email])
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer

GPG fingerprint: 2561 E9EC D868 E73C 8AF1 49CF EE50 4B1D CCA1 5170
Old fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D




-- 
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Wade Smart-2
Peter - bad move.
Protonmail is a legit email service.
That is the same as saying block silmaril.ie.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

ubuntu-users mailing list
On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 06:34:22 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
>Protonmail is a legit email service.

Protonmail is not one of those bad disposable email providers.
"ProtonMail is an end-to-end encrypted email service founded in 2013 in
Geneva, Switzerland by scientists who met at the CERN research
facility." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProtonMail

It's better to inform Protonmail about the misuse of
[hidden email] . The general contact address is
[hidden email] .

This spammer posted to an Arch Linux mailing list, too.
Just a link to the Archive, not directly to the mail (it has got the
same subject):
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2020-September/date.html

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Peter Flynn
In reply to this post by Wade Smart-2
Right. Block my host and I'll go root out the offender, get rid of them, the get back to you asking to be unblocked. It happens from time to time.

I don't see why the legitimate email providers should be allowed to host spammers and go unpunished for their unwillingness to check the bona fides of their clients. 

P

On 29 September 2020 12:34:45 Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:

Peter - bad move.
Protonmail is a legit email service.
That is the same as saying block silmaril.ie.

-- 
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

-- 
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Peter Flynn
In reply to this post by ubuntu-users mailing list
Yes, by all means do it by reporting them, and protonmail is a perfectly respectable host and will do their best.

However, the problem isn't the host's reaction to reporting; it's the fact that their controls are insufficient to prevent this happening in the first place.

P

On 29 September 2020 13:04:01 Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 06:34:22 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
Protonmail is a legit email service.

Protonmail is not one of those bad disposable email providers.
"ProtonMail is an end-to-end encrypted email service founded in 2013 in
Geneva, Switzerland by scientists who met at the CERN research
facility." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProtonMail

It's better to inform Protonmail about the misuse of
[hidden email] . The general contact address is

This spammer posted to an Arch Linux mailing list, too.
Just a link to the Archive, not directly to the mail (it has got the
same subject):
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2020-September/date.html

-- 
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GNU Guix

Peter Teuben-2
In reply to this post by ubuntu-users mailing list
sadly I clicked on the link, i should have known better, this was
phishing.  the poster doesn't exist (anymore), it's fake.

On 9/29/20 7:04 AM, Cuckoo's Calling via ubuntu-users wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I came across an amazing project called GNU Guix.
>
> So, I made an animation to introduce the novel concepts of this project.
>
> Here is the link for the video,
> https://gnuguix-drive.mycozy.cloud/public?sharecode=YvERPGX14g5S
>
> Please leave me a feedback on your experience.
>
> Cheers,
> Cuckoo's Calling.
>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users