Getting DVDs to automatically play.

Ian Bruntlett
Hi,

I am sorting out an Ubuntu 20.04.1 system for someone who isn't technically minded. She mainly wants to use it to play DVDs.

I installed and reconfigured libdvd-pkg and installed VLC. I can play DVDs by putting them in, running VLC and going through the usual menus to play a disc. However, I would like to offer a more foolproof solution.

Any ideas?

Ian

Re: Getting DVDs to automatically play.

Colin Law
On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 at 15:11, Ian Bruntlett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sorting out an Ubuntu 20.04.1 system for someone who isn't technically minded. She mainly wants to use it to play DVDs.
>
> I installed and reconfigured libdvd-pkg and installed VLC. I can play DVDs by putting them in, running VLC and going through the usual menus to play a disc. However, I would like to offer a more foolproof solution.

Have a look in Settings > Removable Media.  You should see there the
option to autoplay dvds.

Colin

> Any ideas?
>

> Ian
>
> --
> -- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org
> -- My writing - https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/
> -- Free Software page - https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software

Re: Getting DVDs to automatically play.

Ian Bruntlett
Hi Colin,

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 at 15:17, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have a look in Settings > Removable Media.  You should see there the
option to autoplay dvds.

Used that option to set VLC to autorun when a DVD is inserted.

Thank you for your help :)

Ian