Getting a bluetooth speaker to connect

Jerry Lapham-2
I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 on an HP Notebook with a Cambridge Silicon Radio,
Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)-- in a USB port.  I'm able to pair it with an
iWorld bluetooth speaker but it won't connect.

I can connect if I'm running Windows 10 and the same hardware combination or
with my Chromebook.

Any ideas?

        -Jerry
 Jerry Lapham
 Monroe, OH  45050

Re: Getting a bluetooth speaker to connect

Kaj Haulrich
On 27-03-2018 00:30, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 on an HP Notebook with a Cambridge Silicon Radio,
> Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)-- in a USB port.  I'm able to pair it with an
> iWorld bluetooth speaker but it won't connect.
>
> I can connect if I'm running Windows 10 and the same hardware combination or
> with my Chromebook.
>
> Any ideas?

I solved the same problem - although with sligtly different hardware -
by installing pavucontrol and fiddling around with the configuration
options, especially the 'profile' tab. On my system it says: "Digital
Stereo (HDMI) Output + Analog Stereo Input".

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
Sent from my 100% Microsoft-free computer
----- running Linux Kubuntu 18.04 -----

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:04:36 AM EDT Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> On 27-03-2018 00:30, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> > I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 on an HP Notebook with a Cambridge Silicon
> > Radio,
> > Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)-- in a USB port.  I'm able to pair it with
> > an iWorld bluetooth speaker but it won't connect.
> >
> > I can connect if I'm running Windows 10 and the same hardware combination
> > or with my Chromebook.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I solved the same problem - although with sligtly different hardware -
> by installing pavucontrol and fiddling around with the configuration
> options, especially the 'profile' tab. On my system it says: "Digital
> Stereo (HDMI) Output + Analog Stereo Input".
>
> HTH
> Kaj Haulrich.

I'm afraid that didn't work here.  When I tried "Analog Stereo Input" I didn't
get any sound even on the internal speakers

        -Jerry

 Jerry Lapham
 Monroe, OH  45050