Hello - Translations to German language

Pascal Klein
Hi there,

I want to offer my help in translations for Ubuntu and necessary tools
and software around.

About me: I am 42 years old, studied, working in IT support.

Just let me know, how I can help at best. I may also check some texts in
English language.

Best regards,

Pascal

Re: Hello - Translations to German language

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Pascal,

On 2019-01-23 18:16, Pascal Klein wrote:
> I want to offer my help in translations for Ubuntu and necessary
> tools and software around.
>
> About me: I am 42 years old, studied, working in IT support.
>
> Just let me know, how I can help at best. I may also check some texts
> in English language.

Welcome to Ubuntu, and it's great that you want to help with German
translations. To get started, I would recommend you to get in touch with
the German translators team:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-de

They should be able to provide all the guidance you need.

Kind regards,

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

AW: Hello - Translations to German language

Maik Wagner
Hello Pascal,

I would also like to welcome you to Ubuntu and appreciate your interest for German translations.

I am also part of the German l10n Team and we have regular meetings in IRC. Details can be found on the following wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGermanTranslators

If you are a member of ubuntuusers.de as well you might want to contact Torsten "toddy" Franz who is head of the team.

https://launchpad.net/~torsten.franz

Personally I completed the German Packaging Guide a few days ago and will start work on the Server guide as well. I am also a regular contributor to upsteam l10n such as KDE.

At ubuntuusers.de we initiated something like a request- or wishlist so people can suggest which packages they would like to see translated:

https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/wunschuebersetzungen/

Hope this helps,

Maik

P.S. You can find me on ubuntuusers.de as "Mankind75".
--
Maik Wagner
www.linuxandlanguages.com

-----Original-Nachricht-----