Help With Naming On PC.....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr.
Hello all. was wondering if someone could help me out with this issue I
have.

I recently renamed my computer and the user (for clarity I'll just use
the Flintstones!...) it went from "Fred Flintstone" (aka
"freddy@comp123") to "Wilma Flintstone" (aka "wilma") the problem
is.......when I open a terminal...I still see "freddy@" insteatdof
"wilma@" even though the username has been changed to "wilma". Can
someone please advice me was to what's wrong?...or how I can make the
change to have the terminal reflect the username change as well?

Thanks In Advance!!

EGO II

Re: Help With Naming On PC.....

Peter Flynn
On 17/12/2018 09:34, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> Hello all. was wondering if someone could help me out with this issue I
> have.
>

> I recently renamed my computer

What did you do to rename it?

> and the user (for clarity I'll just use
> the Flintstones!...) it went from "Fred Flintstone" (aka
> "freddy@comp123") to "Wilma Flintstone" (aka "wilma") the problem
> is.......when I open a terminal...I still see "freddy@" instead of
> "wilma@" even though the username has been changed to "wilma". Can
> someone please advice me was to what's wrong?...or how I can make the
> change to have the terminal reflect the username change as well?

The command prompt *does* reflect the username, so if you're seeing
something else, it means the change was not fully implemented.

What did you do to change the usernames?

///Peter