Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Simon Quigley-3
More details are available below.

Re: Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Valorie Zimmerman
In the directory where you store your ISOs:

cp kubuntu-18.04-desktop-amd64.iso bionic-desktop-amd64.iso && zsync
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/bionic/daily-live/20180724/bionic-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync

Tip of the hat to Marco Parillo for writing that!

Valorie

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 4:16 AM, Simon Quigley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> More details are available below.

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Marco Parillo
And, with the new ISO, or to keep the link evergreen, substitute current for the date:
zsync http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/bionic/daily-live/current/bionic-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the directory where you store your ISOs:

cp kubuntu-18.04-desktop-amd64.iso bionic-desktop-amd64.iso && zsync
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/bionic/daily-live/20180724/bionic-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync

Tip of the hat to Marco Parillo for writing that!

Valorie

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 4:16 AM, Simon Quigley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> More details are available below.

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Dale Trombley
I know this was discussed but I'm not 100% sure the outcome. Did we drop i386 iso's or do we still need to test those too?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:16 AM Simon Quigley <[hidden email]> wrote:
More details are available below.

The first set of builds for the first point release of Bionic (18.04.1)
due this Thursday (July 26th) have been added to the tracker[1] for all
flavours.

These builds have bionic-proposed enabled and are not final. Despite of
this, please test your images and do not wait for a "final" build to
test.  We need you testing now, iterating uploads to get your bugs
fixed, filing bugs and escalating where you need help.

Happy testing everyone, and here's hoping we push out another smooth and
stress-free release on Thursday.

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/392/builds

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Lallement
irc: jibel

Truck driver, Linux Tech, Webmaster, and Web Admin

Re: Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Daniel Chen-2
Since these i386 are LTS, I've been testing them.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 3:24 PM Dale Trombley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I know this was discussed but I'm not 100% sure the outcome. Did we drop i386 iso's or do we still need to test those too?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:16 AM Simon Quigley <[hidden email]> wrote:
More details are available below.

Re: Help test 18.04.1 Release Candidate images!

Marco Parillo
Thank you Dan.
Dropping i386 for 18.10 and beyond makes sense, but I appreciate your continuing to test i386 for 18.04.x.