Help test Plasma 5.8.8 LTS and Krita 3.3.1 for Kubuntu Backports!

Help test Plasma 5.8.8 LTS and Krita 3.3.1 for Kubuntu Backports!

Simon Quigley-3
Have you been using the Kubuntu Backports PPA on Kubuntu 16.04 LTS? Help
us test the latest release of KDE Plasma LTS and Krita 3.3.1! Our goal
is to release these updates to users on Saturday, November 4, 2017
barring any issues.

You can find the full changelog for KDE Plasma 5.8.8 LTS here[1], which
shows what fixes are included in this update.

In order to install these updates to test, you must have the Backports
PPA installed already on a Kubuntu 16.04 LTS system. In order to do
that, run the following in a terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports && sudo apt update &&
sudo apt full-upgrade

Once that is done, log out and log back in (a reboot wouldn’t hurt).
Then, to add the Backports Landing PPA, run the following:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports-landing && sudo apt
update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Another logout and login is needed.

If you run into any issues, we recommend that you join #kubuntu-devel on
freenode and let us know. Otherwise as a last resort you can subscribe
to the kubuntu-devel mailing list[2] and send us an email.

Happy testing!

[1] https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.8.7-5.8.8-changelog.php

Simon Quigley
[hidden email]
tsimonq2 on freenode and OFTC
5C7A BEA2 0F86 3045 9CC8
C8B5 E27F 2CF8 458C 2FA4

Re: Help test Plasma 5.8.8 LTS and Krita 3.3.1 for Kubuntu Backports!

Valorie Zimmerman
Thank you Simon for getting this together, and publicizing it. More below -

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Simon Quigley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you been using the Kubuntu Backports PPA on Kubuntu 16.04 LTS? Help
> us test the latest release of KDE Plasma LTS and Krita 3.3.1! Our goal
> is to release these updates to users on Saturday, November 4, 2017
> barring any issues.
>
> You can find the full changelog for KDE Plasma 5.8.8 LTS here[1], which
> shows what fixes are included in this update.
>
> In order to install these updates to test, you must have the Backports
> PPA installed already on a Kubuntu 16.04 LTS system. In order to do
> that, run the following in a terminal:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports && sudo apt update &&
> sudo apt full-upgrade
>
> Once that is done, log out and log back in (a reboot wouldn’t hurt).
> Then, to add the Backports Landing PPA, run the following:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports-landing && sudo apt
> update && sudo apt full-upgrade
>
> Another logout and login is needed.
>
> If you run into any issues, we recommend that you join #kubuntu-devel on
> freenode and let us know. Otherwise as a last resort you can subscribe
> to the kubuntu-devel mailing list[2] and send us an email.
>
> Happy testing!
>
> [1] https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.8.7-5.8.8-changelog.php

> Simon Quigley
> [hidden email]
> tsimonq2 on freenode and OFTC
> 5C7A BEA2 0F86 3045 9CC8
> C8B5 E27F 2CF8 458C 2FA4

Test please! In particular, as always, we need i386 testers on i386
machines if we are to continue support of 386.

Also, help spread the word through your various social media.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez