Hibernating and locking screen

Eric Jackson-5
I don't remember changing any settings anywhere but my computer
hibernates and when I try to wake t, I have enter my password again. As
I said, I don't remember changing anything. Anybody know how to fix this?

Eric

Re: Hibernating and locking screen

Jonas Norlander
2010/3/21 Eric <[hidden email]>:
> I don't remember changing any settings anywhere but my computer
> hibernates and when I try to wake t, I have enter my password again. As
> I said, I don't remember changing anything. Anybody know how to fix this?
>
> Eric

That's how it should work but i think you can disable it from (Not
sure of the names in English) System settings -> Advanced ->
Powersaving -> General Settings. Uncheck "Lock screen when resumed".

/ Jonas

Re: Hibernating and locking screen

Bugzilla from rrumberger@web.de
On Sunday 21 March 2010, Eric wrote:
> I don't remember changing any settings anywhere but my computer
> hibernates and when I try to wake t, I have enter my password
> again. As I said, I don't remember changing anything. Anybody
> know how to fix this?

That depends on what the problem is...

  --Reinhold

Jonas Norlander wrote:

> 2010/3/21 Eric <[hidden email]>:
>> I don't remember changing any settings anywhere but my computer
>> hibernates and when I try to wake t, I have enter my password again. As
>> I said, I don't remember changing anything. Anybody know how to fix this?
>>
>> Eric
>
> That's how it should work but i think you can disable it from (Not
> sure of the names in English) System settings -> Advanced ->
> Powersaving -> General Settings. Uncheck "Lock screen when resumed".
>
> / Jonas

Thanks. I think that fixed it but there was another problem. The
computer seems to have been plugged into a bad outlet and it wasn't
charging. I think I had aggressive power saving on in the location you
mention so as the power was declining, it would want to sleep frequently.

Thanks again.

Erib

On Sunday 21 March 2010, Jonas Norlander wrote:

> 2010/3/21 Eric <[hidden email]>:
> > I don't remember changing any settings anywhere but my computer
> > hibernates and when I try to wake t, I have enter my password
> > again. As I said, I don't remember changing anything. Anybody
> > know how to fix this?
> >
> > Eric
>
> That's how it should work but i think you can disable it from (Not
> sure of the names in English) System settings -> Advanced ->
> Powersaving -> General Settings. Uncheck "Lock screen when
> resumed".

Actually, IIRC there was a bug in one recent version of KDE that
prevented that option from having any effect.

  --Reinhold