Hoary repository problems

bassix
Has anyone else had problems recently with Hoary repositories?

After running sudo apt-get update:

W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com hoary-updates Release: The
following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu
Archive Automatic Signing Key <[hidden email]>
W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com hoary-backports Release:
The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu
Archive Automatic Signing Key <[hidden email]>

Has something changed with the Hoary repo's?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org

Re: Hoary repository problems

Wade Smart
11152005 2041 GMT-5

There was a post recently about that and using Synaptic to reset the
keys. I have received this numerous times with both Hoary and Breezy. I
dont know why it happens but after a few days it seems to be worked out.

Wade

Steve wrote:

>Has anyone else had problems recently with Hoary repositories?
>
>After running sudo apt-get update:
>
>W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com hoary-updates Release: The
>following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu
>Archive Automatic Signing Key <[hidden email]>
>W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com hoary-backports Release:
>The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu
>Archive Automatic Signing Key <[hidden email]>
>
>Has something changed with the Hoary repo's?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>-Steve.
>--
>Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org

Re: Hoary repository problems

Hakim Singhji-2

Re: Hoary repository problems

Marek Pawinski
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 22:30 -0500, Hakim Singhji wrote:

> I'm not trying to be an a**-hole but please no top-posting. Thanks.
> - --
> Hakim Singhji
> New York University

Live with it, i have Microsoft users that complain i send them an e-mail
with only so and so wrote at the top and they don't scroll down to the
bottom to look for the message, in fact i am considering top posting
myself as i wonder how many clients i lost due to bottom posting.

Marek

Re: Hoary repository problems

Peter Garrett
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:13:48 +0200
Marek Pawinski <[hidden email]> wrote:

Marek - see my comments interspersed below  [ this particular war is never-ending, it seems ;-) ]

> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 22:30 -0500, Hakim Singhji wrote:
>

> > I'm not trying to be an a**-hole but please no top-posting. Thanks.
> > - --
> > Hakim Singhji
> > New York University
>
> Live with it, i have Microsoft users that complain i send them an e-mail
> with only so and so wrote at the top and they don't scroll down to the
> bottom to look for the message, in fact i am considering top posting
> myself as i wonder how many clients i lost due to bottom posting.
>
> Marek

The solution is simple really. No harm in putting at the top something like:

"Hi $person,

Please see my comments interspersed in your text below, as appropriate/ relevant . "

Then just snip irrelevant bits, and add your comments "ad lib".

i haven't had any complaints about this method... And I think it encourages good habits ;-)

Peter

--

Linux User #343161