How to access my Gmail calendar/ agenda and "to do list" at Kontact along with KDE 5/ Kubuntu 16; 04?

How to access my Gmail calendar/ agenda and "to do list" at Kontact along with KDE 5/ Kubuntu 16; 04?

Bas G. Roufs - in English
Hello everybody.

Recently, I transferred from Kubuntu 14.04 LTS  along with KDE 4 to Kubuntu
16.04 LTS along with KDE 5. To be honest, it is a bumpy transfer so far. Only
after some trial, error and clicking, I managed to find out how to find out how
to connect my gmail address book to Kontact - the procedure is a bit different
apparently compared to Kubuntu 14.04/ KDE 4.

However, I do not yet manage to find out how to "add" my Gmail agenda/ calendar
to Kontact @ KDE 5 - also there, the procedures differ apparently from those
in Kontact along with KDE 4.

A few attempts  to invoke the "To Do" list function at Kontact, end up in a
crash of that package.

Yours.

Bas.

-
Bas G. Roufs
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL- 3514 VT  Utrecht
[hidden email]
+31 6 446 835 10

Re: How to access my Gmail calendar/ agenda and "to do list" at Kontact along with KDE 5/ Kubuntu 16; 04?

Georgi Kourtev
Hi Bas,

The way I did it to go to calendar tab and to add new calendar. In the
dialogue you would see Google calendar and task. Just click on it and it's
done.

One problem though I have is that some times the syncing the calendar entries
does not necessary work and I have to manually delete the calendar and add it
again.
gk

On петък, 9 декември 2016 г. 21:39:38 EET Bas G. Roufs Ned. wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> Recently, I transferred from Kubuntu 14.04 LTS  along with KDE 4 to Kubuntu
> 16.04 LTS along with KDE 5. To be honest, it is a bumpy transfer so far.
> Only after some trial, error and clicking, I managed to find out how to
> find out how to connect my gmail address book to Kontact - the procedure is
> a bit different apparently compared to Kubuntu 14.04/ KDE 4.
>
> However, I do not yet manage to find out how to "add" my Gmail agenda/
> calendar to Kontact @ KDE 5 - also there, the procedures differ apparently
> from those in Kontact along with KDE 4.
>
> A few attempts  to invoke the "To Do" list function at Kontact, end up in a
> crash of that package.
>
> Yours.
>
> Bas.
>
> -
> Bas G. Roufs
> Van 't Hoffstraat 1
> NL- 3514 VT  Utrecht
> [hidden email]
> +31 6 446 835 10

Re: How to access my Gmail calendar/ agenda and "to do list" at Kontact along with KDE 5/ Kubuntu 16; 04?

Bas G. Roufs - in English

Hello Georgi and others.

> > ... However, I do not yet manage to find out how to "add" my Gmail agenda/

> > calendar to Kontact @ KDE 5 -........

> The way I did it to go to calendar tab and to add new calendar. In the

> dialogue you would see Google calendar and task. Just click on it and it's

> done.

> One problem though I have is that some times the syncing the calendar

> entries does not necessary work and I have to manually delete the calendar

> and add it again.

Thanks for your workaround :-). I needed to click around a bit before before

finding out how and where add the Google calendar and tasks. I managed to do so when clicking at a white field at the bottom of the screen, left of actual calendar.

However, now, a new problem apparently pops up in this context. Whenever clicking at the calendar or tasks tabs, Kontact crashes all together. I will check again what will happen after restarting the system.

When Kontact crashes, I get this error report:

Executable: kontact PID: 2235 Signal: Segmentation fault (11) Time: 12-12-16 10:49:53

When trying to debug the problem, I get this report:

GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.11.1-0ubuntu1~16.04) 7.11.1
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/kontact...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Attaching to program: /usr/bin/kontact, process 2235
Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
(gdb)

I do not manage so far to produce a useful backtrace.

I keep you posted here.

Yours.

Bas G. Roufs.

--