How to help to translate Compiz ?

Alex ARNAUD-2
Dear all,

I'm trying to help you to translate Compiz config settings manager in
French, I've seen on the net that the Ubuntu translators team is in
charge of the translation updates.
What is the process to help you to translate Compiz in French ?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager

Re: How to help to translate Compiz ?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Alex,

On 2017-10-07 16:01, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
> I'm trying to help you to translate Compiz config settings manager in
> French, I've seen on the net that the Ubuntu translators team is in
> charge of the translation updates.

Well, the French translation of Ubuntu is handled by the Ubuntu French
Translators team:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-fr

You probably want to get in touch with that team, if you haven't already.

> What is the process to help you to translate Compiz in French ?

Translation suggestions can be submitted here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/compiz/+pots/compiz/fr

There are just a few untranslated strings, though. Again I recommend you
to consult with the Ubuntu French Translators team.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Le 08/10/2017 à 01:01, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :

> Hi Alex,
>
> On 2017-10-07 16:01, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
>> I'm trying to help you to translate Compiz config settings manager in
>> French, I've seen on the net that the Ubuntu translators team is in
>> charge of the translation updates.
>
> Well, the French translation of Ubuntu is handled by the Ubuntu French
> Translators team:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-fr
>
> You probably want to get in touch with that team, if you haven't already.
>
>> What is the process to help you to translate Compiz in French ?
>
> Translation suggestions can be submitted here:
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/compiz/+pots/compiz/fr

Thank you very much, I've contacted the French team by mail. What I
don't understand in the link you provide me is the absence of ezoom and
showmouse modules from the translations, are they in another package ?
Are they missed from translation ?

Best regards.

On 2017-10-09 11:22, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
> Le 08/10/2017 à 01:01, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
>>
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/compiz/+pots/compiz/fr
>>

> What I don't understand in the link you provide me is the absence of
> ezoom and showmouse modules from the translations, are they in
> another package ? Are they missed from translation ?

They are plugins, right? I don't know if they are at all present in the
Ubuntu archive. Maybe someone else is able to shed some light.

Le 09/10/2017 à 12:32, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :

> On 2017-10-09 11:22, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
>> Le 08/10/2017 à 01:01, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
>>>
>>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/compiz/+pots/compiz/fr
>>>

>> What I don't understand in the link you provide me is the absence of
>> ezoom and showmouse modules from the translations, are they in
>> another package ? Are they missed from translation ?
>
> They are plugins, right? I don't know if they are at all present in the
> Ubuntu archive.

Yes, the two I've mentioned are shipped in the compiz-plugins-default
package.

Best regards.

On 2017-10-09 12:42, Alex ARNAUD wrote:

> Le 09/10/2017 à 12:32, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
>> On 2017-10-09 11:22, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
>>> What I don't understand in the link you provide me is the absence
>>> of ezoom and showmouse modules from the translations, are they
>>> in another package ? Are they missed from translation ?
>>
>> They are plugins, right? I don't know if they are at all present in
>> the Ubuntu archive.
>
> Yes, the two I've mentioned are shipped in the compiz-plugins-default
> package.

Ok, in that case, and if they include translatable strings, those ought
to be included in the compiz translation template, i.e. the link I posted.