How to upgrade?

Phil-2
In the past I've used "sudo do-release-upgrade -m desktop" to upgrade my
laptop but this is the response that I get now:

Checking for a new Ubuntu release
No new release found.

Does that mean that the files aren't available locally and that I should
wait another day or two?

Phil

Re: How to upgrade?

Georgi Kourtev
It says on the site that upgrade from 19.10 will follow in hours or days.
Gk

На сб, 25 апр 2020 г., 8:24 Phil <[hidden email]> написа:
In the past I've used "sudo do-release-upgrade -m desktop" to upgrade my
laptop but this is the response that I get now:

Checking for a new Ubuntu release
No new release found.

Does that mean that the files aren't available locally and that I should
wait another day or two?

Phil

Re: How to upgrade?

Valorie Zimmerman
On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:24 PM Phil <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the past I've used "sudo do-release-upgrade -m desktop" to upgrade my
laptop but this is the response that I get now:

Checking for a new Ubuntu release
No new release found.

Does that mean that the files aren't available locally and that I should
wait another day or two?

Phil

sudo do-release-upgrade -d will do the trick. d = developer

Upgrades LTS > LTS are prompted when 20.04.1 is released; 19.10 upgrades presumably will be prompted in some days.

However, by using -d from the time the beta is released, one can upgrade. That might work even earlier although I've not tried that.

All the best,

Valorie

Re: How to upgrade?

Phil-2
On 25/4/20 3:50 pm, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:

Thank you Georgi and Valorie, I'll be patient and wait for the upgrade
to be available.

Phil