I really want to be get involved in further development of Xubuntu

I really want to be get involved in further development of Xubuntu

Mohammed Faizan
After trying a lot of distros of ubuntu. I find Xubuntu reliable in terms of performance in low-end PCs too. In fact, I like so much that I want to become part of it too.
Thanking You
Let me know the guideline of the same.
Regards,
Mohammed Faizan

Re: I really want to be get involved in further development of Xubuntu

Pasi Lallinaho-3
Hello Mohammed,

glad to hear you like Xubuntu!

What kind of contributions have you been thinking? We have loads of different tasks to be done that require all kinds of skills. Some of the tasks do not even require any prior knowledge or skills.

You can read about some of the areas you can contribute from out Get Involved page:
    https://xubuntu.org/contribute/

Finally, if you are familiar with IRC, #xubuntu-devel on Freenode is a great place to get to know other contributors. You can also follow the everyday developer discussion there.

Feel free to ask more questions if in doubt; we will happily answer. (I recommend you subscribe to this list first though, so your messages do not have to go through manual moderation.)

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)         › https://open.knome.fi/
Xubuntu Website Lead           › https://xubuntu.org/

Re: I really want to be get involved in further development of Xubuntu

Willem Hobers
Hello Mohammed,

Good to know you also enjoy xubuntu. :-)

One way of helping would be testing.
Here's some information about that:

There are more ways to get involved though.

Here you will find some more information about that:

Enjoy ;-)

Willem

Op wo 17 apr. 2019 11:33 schreef Mohammed Faizan <[hidden email]>:
After trying a lot of distros of ubuntu. I find Xubuntu reliable in terms of performance in low-end PCs too. In fact, I like so much that I want to become part of it too.
Thanking You
Let me know the guideline of the same.
Regards,
Mohammed Faizan

Re: I really want to be get involved in further development of Xubuntu

Pasi Lallinaho-3
Hello Mohammed,

I'm sorry for no further replies. Since the Xubuntu team – myself included – is volunteers only, other life (like summer) sometimes gets in the way. I've sent this reply to the development mailing list, where other people can assist you too; please keep the list as a recipient in your replies.

Most of our marketing-related material lives in Launchpad in a Bazaar repository:
    https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-team/xubuntu-marketing/current/files

The flyer is in the need of an update; if not visual, at least some content could be refreshed. Would this be something you would be interested to work on?

As for "proper roles", Xubuntu works like a meritocracy; once you have committed enough meaningful (and sustained) contributions, you can become a member of a subteam, then the Xubuntu team. After joining the Xubuntu team you can become a team lead. This process is described in more detail in the Xubuntu Strategy Document, under the section "Community" (look for the heading "Xubuntu Team") [1].

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://docs.xubuntu.org/contributors/xsd.html#xsd-community

On 21.6.2019 23.28, Mohammed Faizan wrote:
I have not heard from your side. As a reminder , please let me know ,procedure for contributing my efforts for xubuntu.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:36 PM Mohammed Faizan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have some development skill in c++. But I prefer to marketing stuff. Also i want proper role assign to me and get the proper kit from your side ..
Regards,
Faizan