IglooFTP on Ubuntu

Elijah Savage
Has anyone been able to get Iglooftp to work on Ubuntu with ssl/tls
sites. I am trying to ftp to a ftp tls/ssl site and I get connected
everything drops out including the gui it just kills itself. I have it
loaded on breezy. I am about to start pulling my hair out.

If no one has accomplished this would anyone mind recommending another
ftp client that supports tls/ssl with self signed certs.

Re: IglooFTP on Ubuntu

Kush Singh
don't know about iglooftp and tls/ssl but gftp works for me-- i suppose
it has ssh.

Kush Singh wrote:

> don't know about iglooftp and tls/ssl but gftp works for me-- i
> suppose it has ssh.
>
> Elijah Savage wrote:
>
>> Has anyone been able to get Iglooftp to work on Ubuntu with ssl/tls
>> sites. I am trying to ftp to a ftp tls/ssl site and I get connected
>> everything drops out including the gui it just kills itself. I have it
>> loaded on breezy. I am about to start pulling my hair out.
>> If no one has accomplished this would anyone mind recommending another
>> ftp client that supports tls/ssl with self signed certs.

gftp does not work with self signed certificates. At least in my
situation it will not work because it wants you to download the cert and
import it before you use or connect to the ftp and I do not administer
the ftp server.

Re: IglooFTP on Ubuntu

Elijah Savage