Include CX-18 firmware for Intrepid

Mario Limonciello-5
Hi,

Mike Krufky informed me that the cx18 firmware that is needed for the Hauppauge HVR-1600 is redistributable.  Ideally this should be included in the the equivalent of LUM's firmware package in Intrepid.

It's available at

http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/cx18-firmware.tar.gz
The license is included within the .tar.gz.

Mario Limonciello
Dell | Linux Engineering

Re: Include CX-18 firmware for Intrepid

Tim Gardner-6
Mario Limonciello wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mike Krufky informed me that the cx18 firmware that is needed for the
> Hauppauge HVR-1600 is redistributable.  Ideally this should be included
> in the the equivalent of LUM's firmware package in Intrepid.
>
> It's available at
>
> http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/cx18-firmware.tar.gz
>
> The license is included within the .tar.gz.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Mario Limonciello
> *Dell | Linux Engineering*
> [hidden email]

Mario - I'm not finding a driver for the HVR 1600. Can you point it out
to me?

--
Tim Gardner [hidden email]

Re: Include CX-18 firmware for Intrepid

Mario Limonciello-5
Hi Tim:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-intrepid.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/video/cx18/Kconfig;h=9aefdc5ea79a960983c9c78d5c3cd5e4348e1311;hb=HEAD

Regards

--
Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*

Re: Include CX-18 firmware for Intrepid

Ben Collins-4
On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 16:39 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike Krufky informed me that the cx18 firmware that is needed for the
> Hauppauge HVR-1600 is redistributable.  Ideally this should be
> included in the the equivalent of LUM's firmware package in Intrepid.
>
> It's available at
> http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/cx18-firmware.tar.gz
> The license is included within the .tar.gz.

Added to ubuntu-intrepid-lrm git repo. Thanks