Install Problems

Bill Vance

Ok, I'm sitting here with a brand new 16.04.2 install,
done the upgrades, and while it's a bit of a
disapointment in some ways, it does just fine in
others.  Par for the course, I guess.

One of the problems is that firefox can't find its,
".o/.o.so", files with both hands.  So where are,
"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkdeinit5_firefox.o",
and, "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkdeinit5_firefox.o.so"?
Firefox can't be launched without them.

As an attempt to work around this, I did an,
"apt-get install links", used it to go out to
http://www.mozilla.com, and downloaded their latest/
greatest version.  This appears to be a working
version, but it has the same problem with text as I
had with the OS install, I.e., you need an electron
microscope just to read it.  No apparent, or
obvious fix of any sort.

Any help with either problem greatly appreciated.

Bill