Installing True Type Fonts in Hoary

bassix
Hi,

I downloaded some True Type Fonts (TTF) and am trying to install them
(UBUNTU HOARY), however the Gnome Help instructions don't seem to work
for me (copying into the fonts:/// directory), even when I sudo. When
I close and re-open the fonts directory they are then not there. I
even tried some of the instructions on the ubuntuguide.org site and
still didn't work. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org

Re: Installing True Type Fonts in Hoary

Mehdi Hassanpour
maybe you have to edit the `/etc/fonts/fonts.conf' file and set the correct path for your newly copied fonts...

On 11/9/05, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded some True Type Fonts (TTF) and am trying to install them
(UBUNTU HOARY), however the Gnome Help instructions don't seem to work
for me (copying into the fonts:/// directory), even when I sudo. When
I close and re-open the fonts directory they are then not there. I
even tried some of the instructions on the ubuntuguide.org site and
still didn't work. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org

Yours Sincerely, Mehdi Hassanpour
http://ImPersian.com
http://Hezardastan.org

On 11/9/05, 'Forum Post <[hidden email]> wrote:

> make sure u have multiverse repos enabled and install them with synaptic
>

> --
> tonysathre

But these are fonts that I have downloaded myself, they are not part
of a package.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org

Re: Installing True Type Fonts in Hoary

albi@scii.nl
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:48:07 -0500
Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But these are fonts that I have downloaded myself, they are not part
> of a package.

then try putting your fonts in ~/.fonts/ (mkdir ~/.fonts first if
needed), that worked fine for me some months ago

(and i wonder where the documentation about that is actually)

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import

Re: Installing True Type Fonts in Hoary

Mehdi Hassanpour
Yes, if you put the fonts in `~/.fonts' you don't need to edit the `/etc/fonts/fonts.conf' as the `~/.fonts' path is there by default

Bugzilla from ganesanrajesh@gmail.com
On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:48:07 -0500, Steve wrote:
> But these are fonts that I have downloaded myself, they are not part
> of a package.
Try coping the fonts to the fonts folder /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ and
run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig'. It works for me pecklessly.
Rajesh