Intel 915 Graphics drivers

Jean-Eric Cuendet (RPT)
Hi,
Is it possible to add Intel accelerated drivers for GMA 915 chipset?
I don't exactly what it touch (X-server, dri, drm, ...) but it seems
that its' completely free and so would be the only free hardware
accelerated platform.
Any idea?
-jec

PS: Available here:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=39&strTypes=DRV&ProductID=955&OSFullname=Linux*

Re: Intel 915 Graphics drivers

Ben Collins-5
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 21:26 +0100, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to add Intel accelerated drivers for GMA 915 chipset?
> I don't exactly what it touch (X-server, dri, drm, ...) but it seems
> that its' completely free and so would be the only free hardware
> accelerated platform.
> Any idea?
> -jec
>
> PS: Available here:
> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=39&strTypes=DRV&ProductID=955&OSFullname=Linux*

The X bits seem free, but the kernel stuff is seriously non-free. Even
the EULA when you download is non-free. Not to mention that the drivers
are binary only. Not even as useful as nvidia/ati (which allows you to
atleast compile the wrapper for a certain kernel).

Sorry, mostly a no-go.

--
Ben Collins
Kernel Developer - Ubuntu Linux