Interview Project - Presentation

yann-3
Forward of a mail from Laurent Doyen, in charge for the "Interview project" for Ubuntu-fr.

*****************************

Hi everyone !

The Ubuntu-fr team is proud to announce you the setting up of an
"interview project".

The aim of this project is to interview once every two months people
working close to Ubuntu such as members of Canonical for example. These
interviews will be published on the Ubuntu websites.

The reason I am contacting you today is to know whether you would be
interested in receiving these interviews in order to translate them in
your own language and have them published on your Ubuntu websites. The
interviews would be sent to you two weeks before being published on
Ubuntu-fr in order to leave you time for translation.

The first interviewee will be Canonical's C.O.O Jane Silber.
The interview should be sent to you in about a month from now, around
March 20, and published online two weeks later.

For the second interviewee a mailing-list will be open for the locoteams
interested in getting involved to drop questions to be asked to the
interviewee.

Any locoteam interested in receiving the interviews should send a mail
at [hidden email]

Feel free to contact me in case you had any questions or ideas.

Best regards,

Laurent DOYEN,
in charge of the interview project for Ubuntu-fr.
e-mail : [hidden email]

Re: Interview Project - Presentation

Matthew East
On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 13:58 +0100, yann wrote:
> Forward of a mail from Laurent Doyen, in charge for the "Interview project" for Ubuntu-fr.

I've asked the Italian team and they are potentially interested in
translating interviews.

But I don't understand why it's necessary to receive the interviews in
advance before publication: presumably the English version of the
interview will be published (at fridge.ubuntu.com for example), and at
that stage all groups interested in translating can proceed at their own
speed? Or have I misunderstood something?

Matt
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF

Re: Interview Project - Presentation

Niels Kjøller Hansen
tir, 21 02 2006 kl. 15:57 +0000, skrev Matthew East:

> But I don't understand why it's necessary to receive the interviews in
> advance before publication: presumably the English version of the
> interview will be published (at fridge.ubuntu.com for example), and at
> that stage all groups interested in translating can proceed at their own
> speed? Or have I misunderstood something?

I think it to be a very good idea to make the translations, before
publishing. If the english version is published first, then the
translations will be 'second-rate', and everyone able to read english,
will read the english version, and most of the commenting will be in
english.

This only works, of course, with non time critical stuff, which
interviews certainly are.

I would be very interested in translating to danish, we however need a
website first, and I currently have no time for finishing our site :-(

Niels Kjøller Hansen