Is project neon dead?

Lindsay Mathieson
Its been nine weeks since there was a installable build
--
Lindsay

Re: Is project neon dead?

Little Girl
Hey there,

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Its been nine weeks since there was a installable build

Here's what currently works for me:

1) Add the repository with weekly updates:
        sudo apt-add-repository ppa:neon/kf5-snapshot-weekly
        sudo apt-get update
   or add the repository with daily updates (risk of breaking more often):
        sudo apt-add-repository ppa:neon/kf5-snapshot-daily
        sudo apt-get update
   or add the repository with most frequent updates (DOOM DOOM DOOM):
        sudo apt-add-repository ppa:neon/kf5
        sudo apt-get update

2) Install the project:
        sudo apt-get install project-neon5-session project-neon5-utils project-neon5-konsole

3) Run the project in xterm or konsole:
        neon5-env

In step 1 I use the repository that's updated weekly. Here's some
more information that could be useful:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Using_Project_Neon_to_contribute_to_KDE

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

Re: Is project neon dead?

Lindsay Mathieson
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 11:26:30 AM Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > Its been nine weeks since there was a installable build
>
> Here's what currently works for me:

I have the daily - for the past few weeks its been unusable as project-neon5-
session can't be installed due to a conflict in packages.

If you check the weekly repo, it hasn't been updated in nine weeks.

--
Lindsay

Re: Is project neon dead?

Little Girl
Hey there,

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Little Girl wrote:
> > Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > > Its been nine weeks since there was a installable build

> > Here's what currently works for me:

> I have the daily - for the past few weeks its been unusable as
> project-neon5- session can't be installed due to a conflict in
> packages.

> If you check the weekly repo, it hasn't been updated in nine weeks.

Oh, sorry about that! I just started using it and didn't even notice
that. Maybe they're all just busy with something else. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

Re: Is project neon dead?

Lindsay Mathieson
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:41:12 PM Little Girl wrote:
> Oh, sorry about that! I just started using it and didn't even notice
> that. Maybe they're all just busy with something else. (:

No worries!

Yah, I imagine the devs are working on 4.13 packaging full time at the moment.
--
Lindsay

Re: Is project neon dead?

Valorie Zimmerman
On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:41:12 PM Little Girl wrote:
>> Oh, sorry about that! I just started using it and didn't even notice
>> that. Maybe they're all just busy with something else. (:
>

> No worries!
>
> Yah, I imagine the devs are working on 4.13 packaging full time at the moment.
> --
> Lindsay

I heard some of the devels mention Project Neon briefly this past
week, but between necessary absences, testing, and packaging, Neon has
taken a back seat.

It is sort of a big deal to roll out an LTS that we support for 5
years. And 4.13 hit late enough that it has been a scramble, for sure.

Testing is really useful now; I've been looking at Trusty bugs and
testing which have actually been fixed so they can be closed. Some
take just a minute or two to test.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Is project neon dead?

Lindsay Mathieson
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 08:37:51 PM Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Testing is really useful now; I've been looking at Trusty bugs and
> testing which have actually been fixed so they can be closed. Some
> take just a minute or two to test.

I'm running Trusty at the moment - could you link to the bug page? see what I
can do.
--
Lindsay

Re: Is project neon dead?

Valorie Zimmerman
Riddell said, "Check also the trusty milestoned bugs link
http://qa.kubuntu.co.uk/
I'd be especially interested if that lightdm bug from 12.04LTS upgrade
can be recreated."

Thanks,

Valorie

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 08:37:51 PM Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> Testing is really useful now; I've been looking at Trusty bugs and
>> testing which have actually been fixed so they can be closed. Some
>> take just a minute or two to test.
>

> I'm running Trusty at the moment - could you link to the bug page? see what I
> can do.
> --
> Lindsay

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Is project neon dead?

Lindsay Mathieson
On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 03:17:58 AM Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Riddell said, "Check also the trusty milestoned bugs link
> http://qa.kubuntu.co.uk/
> I'd be especially interested if that lightdm bug from 12.04LTS upgrade
> can be recreated."

ta.

--
Lindsay