Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
Hi everyone in the translation team.

I recently performed Ubuntu flavor Japanese translation, but it is not
reflected.

For example slideshow-ubuntu-mate has not been reviewed since 2014,
There are many items of Suggestions.
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-mate/ja/+translate

The team has not approved a new reviewer last in 2014.
I still have a name on Pending approval.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members

It is approved by the local team "Ubuntu Japanese Team".
https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/enroll/translator_candidates

But this team's meeting has not worked for about 2 years.
https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/IRCMeeting (Japanese)

In this state, Japanese translation of Ubuntu flavors is getting worse!
Can you support this problem?

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Nobuto MURATA-2
Hi,

You can always reach out to Ubuntu local community in Japan via:

Or translators team directly:

Thanks,

2017/02/21 午後9:02 "BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Hi, Mutata-san

I am in contact with the team admin. But there is no reaction.
amd Tuesday(Japan Time) was the meeting day of Japanese Team,
I entered IRC and posted, but there was not any conversation.
These are not working...

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

> Hi,
>
> You can always reach out to Ubuntu local community in Japan via:
>
> Or translators team directly:
> [hidden email]
>
> Thanks,
>
> 2017/02/21 午後9:02 "BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi everyone in the translation team.
>>
>> I recently performed Ubuntu flavor Japanese translation, but it is not
>> reflected.
>>
>> For example slideshow-ubuntu-mate has not been reviewed since 2014,
>> There are many items of Suggestions.
>>
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-mate/ja/+translate
>>
>> The team has not approved a new reviewer last in 2014.
>> I still have a name on Pending approval.
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members
>>
>> It is approved by the local team "Ubuntu Japanese Team".
>> https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/enroll/translator_candidates
>>
>> But this team's meeting has not worked for about 2 years.
>> https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/IRCMeeting (Japanese)
>>
>> In this state, Japanese translation of Ubuntu flavors is getting worse!
>> Can you support this problem?
>>
>> BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
>> [hidden email]
>> https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Nobuto MURATA-2
Better not to contact a team admin individually, but through mailing lists for this kind of topics. Personally I don't think the IRC meeting is relevant at this stage.

Thanks,

2017/02/21 午後9:24 "BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]>:
Hi, Mutata-san

I am in contact with the team admin. But there is no reaction.
amd Tuesday(Japan Time) was the meeting day of Japanese Team,
I entered IRC and posted, but there was not any conversation.
These are not working...

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

> Hi,
>
> You can always reach out to Ubuntu local community in Japan via:
>
> Or translators team directly:
> [hidden email]
>
> Thanks,
>
> 2017/02/21 午後9:02 "BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi everyone in the translation team.
>>
>> I recently performed Ubuntu flavor Japanese translation, but it is not
>> reflected.
>>
>> For example slideshow-ubuntu-mate has not been reviewed since 2014,
>> There are many items of Suggestions.
>>
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-mate/ja/+translate
>>
>> The team has not approved a new reviewer last in 2014.
>> I still have a name on Pending approval.
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members
>>
>> It is approved by the local team "Ubuntu Japanese Team".
>> https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/enroll/translator_candidates
>>
>> But this team's meeting has not worked for about 2 years.
>> https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/IRCMeeting (Japanese)
>>
>> In this state, Japanese translation of Ubuntu flavors is getting worse!
>> Can you support this problem?
>>
>> BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
>> [hidden email]
>> https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
Hi, Murata-san

Is it a procedure to report to Japanese team members and urge resolution?
I can not expect that solution already. So I'm reporting to the upper
level here.

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

> Better not to contact a team admin individually, but through mailing lists
> for this kind of topics. Personally I don't think the IRC meeting is
> relevant at this stage.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 2017/02/21 午後9:24 "BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi, Mutata-san
>
> I am in contact with the team admin. But there is no reaction.
> amd Tuesday(Japan Time) was the meeting day of Japanese Team,
> I entered IRC and posted, but there was not any conversation.
> These are not working...
>

> BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
> [hidden email]
> https://launchpad.net/~balloon

>> Hi,
>>
>> You can always reach out to Ubuntu local community in Japan via:
>>
>> Or translators team directly:
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> 2017/02/21 午後9:02 "BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone in the translation team.
>>>
>>> I recently performed Ubuntu flavor Japanese translation, but it is not
>>> reflected.
>>>
>>> For example slideshow-ubuntu-mate has not been reviewed since 2014,
>>> There are many items of Suggestions.
>>>

>>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-mate/ja/+translate
>>>
>>> The team has not approved a new reviewer last in 2014.
>>> I still have a name on Pending approval.
>>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja
>>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members
>>>
>>> It is approved by the local team "Ubuntu Japanese Team".
>>> https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/enroll/translator_candidates
>>>
>>> But this team's meeting has not worked for about 2 years.
>>> https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/IRCMeeting (Japanese)
>>>
>>> In this state, Japanese translation of Ubuntu flavors is getting worse!
>>> Can you support this problem?
>>>
>>> BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2
Hi, I'm Fumihito YOSHIDA, one of admin of Japanese Translators.

  Firstly, thank you for your great contribution to Japanese
translators, and I apologies for my slow reply and your concern.
Probably this reply doesn't enough faster than your expectation, but
not too late for corrections.

  And, I belive that "visibility solve any problem", so I answerd in
this public list. ...Yes, we have limited skill for English
communication, but we (you and me) can try for that.

  Sorry for bothering to other language guys!

  Your concern are caused by something our limited resource (include
my lazy) and some imbroglio, I can't divite into strict result, so I
try to expain how Japanese Translator works.
  And, I have one concern about your circs, you send mail to Japanese
Translators admins at 2/21 20:25(JST), but, your first mail in this
list(2/21 21:02 JST) are almost immediately, that have just 30
minutes. So, please share your urgency for that quick actions. I have
half expect, you love *buntu and you are concerned with the lack of
translations in next Z release.

  Okay, I try to explain about Ubuntu Japanese Translator system and
contact points, that is part of my answer for your concern.

  Premise: Japanese Translation Team have some contact points and ping
ways.  But we hadn't recieved your contacts. Please use valid way for
that, because we have limited resources in this time.
   Yes, Our IRC meeting habits have are died. Our meeting triggered by
mail in ubuntu-jp lists, sorry for this and not clearly announcement.

  Therefor, this is not real blocker for your translation work. Please
recheck the procedure in our wiki.
  https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/Translation

- If you want to contribute japanese translations, you have no call to
below heavy procedure, just do below simplified way.

  0) Input your translation to Rosetta.
  1) Update the waiting list for reviewing. They are coodicate by
per-release rules. If that is not exist, please create new page for
new releases.

  Yes, we are in sometimes busy, from 2015/Oct, that page doesn't work
in now, but we are still in live. Please use this way. This is
combat-proofed/well-trained way in Japanese translations.

- If you want to get translator rights, please use this procedure (at
Japanese wiki).
  see also: https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/enroll/translator_candidates

  0) Fill your prereq activities
  1) Update the meeting wiki.
  2) Mail to ubuntu-jp lists for convocation.
  3) Get translator rights, if you have enough credence.

  IMPORTANT NOTE: right of Ubuntu Japanese Translator are not
mandatary for Japanese translations.

  But, I have to say in a straightforward way in this situation with
strong pain, but I say with my sincerity.
  So, Your translation quantities are readlly good (and enough for
reviewing), but that doesn't have enough quality in this moment.
  Please take the suggestions seriously from Ikuya Awashiro before few
years ago.

   I have strong concern about your translation accuracy, so I advice
you that "if you are far from convinced, please stay as English with
braveheart." policy. This is very important part of Japanese
Translators duty.

  And, I feel desperate need of more explain about our process, please
read below.

  Yet Another Premise: We have 2 explicit (+1 implicit) bars for new
ubuntu japanese translator.

  - Bar 1) Get three endorsement +1 by existence translators. That +1
are provided by review for your past translations.

  - Bar 2) Enough quantities for screening out. Too small quantity
doesn't match process 1).

  - Implicit Bar) You have to prove that you can became good
cooperative guys, that include language skill, ubuntu experiences(as a
user, sometimes administrator in some translations), patience and
humilities for good collaborative activities. This is implicit rule,
but we have CoC, I belived that make sense on fronts!

  Yes, this is heavy process and not low bar, but that have some
historical background.
  In old days, we(Japanese Translators) use open commit policy.  But,
at given day, we met UI crisis by messy commits and license violated
machine translation (e.g.: 「symbolic link -> 象徴的結合」 and using
Excite翻訳) .

  In that days, we have to revert and revert and revert and review and
review and review that many commits, these are really nightmare days
(main worker: Ikuya Awashiro and me).

  After that terrible days, we(+ Japanese Team and Japanese
Translators) have one insight, translation are not easy works
(Especially, you may know, English -> Japanese Translation are!), and
translator must have language skill and good spirit for collaborative
activities. So, we decided to use moderated styles.

  Additionaly, we believe that English(non-translation) are better
than messy translation, because if you met English UI, you can
translate with Google Translation and any other way. But, messy
translation are dead-end.

  And, We have another rules for translation works, "Translator have
commit rights, but you cannot approve your translation direclty, you
must approve from another translators" policy, this is not mandatory
by Rosetta, but We(Japanese Translators) conformity this rules.

  IMHO, you have to learn about these rules, and contact with right ways.

  # NOTE: in communication context, we can use messy English/Japanese
in real world(like this mail;) ) , but UI translation are not so,
because we cann't say "pardon?" to UIs.

  Probably you feel something bad about this mail, but I belive you
will get rid of this. Translator rights have really high bar, but that
is not mandatory for translation works.

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
Hi Yoshida-san,

First of all I thank you for your contribution to date.
The current Ubuntu flavors has been installed normally
so that Japanese desktop can be easily used.
That is a major factor that Japanese users including me continue to use Ubuntu.
ありがとうございます。(Thank you.)

I was feeling a sense of crisis really, so I am a bit relieved to this reaction.

I also feel about the quality of translation as I see it.
I have experienced many things that translations translated especially
from foreign users recently have to be revised again.
Especially translated texts translated from foreign users recently use
Web translation,
I have experienced many things in other translation projects that I
have to revise again.
However, since the quality of Web translation is also improving,
it should not completely deny it.
It improves translation improvement now.

However, it seems that it has refused participation of a new reviewer
due to the influence which is sticking to quality too much.
Existing members will have a day to change one day.
For that, we must have a new user.
There is no user who can perfectly work perfectly...
It is the same for everything. Both translators and communities...

I am seeing many translations back in English with recent Ubuntu flavors.
It is obviously a lack of reviewer. I hope to solve this problem at an
early date.

Let's continue to provide Ubuntu to Japanese users in good condition.
I will cooperate with it as much as possible.

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2

> However, since the quality of Web translation is also improving,
> it should not completely deny it.
> It improves translation improvement now.

  Partially yes, but I have to say "No" in Ubuntu Translations. We can
*not* use web based machine translation systems in FLOSS products,
that cause serious license issue, not (only) quality problem. If you
submit web-based machine translations at past-days, please revert
these outputs.

> However, it seems that it has refused participation of a new reviewer
> due to the influence which is sticking to quality too much.

  I must say "No", sorry. Because messy translations break the chance
of using user-side machine translations (with web-based translations)
.
  Please take care of itself.  Users can translate with machine
translation in their hands.

> Existing members will have a day to change one day.
> For that, we must have a new user.
> There is no user who can perfectly work perfectly...
> It is the same for everything. Both translators and communities...
>
> I am seeing many translations back in English with recent Ubuntu flavors.
> It is obviously a lack of reviewer. I hope to solve this problem at an
> early date.

  No, this is not only reviewers resources problem, that caused by
our(Japanese Team) policy: "If you find not good translation and you
done have enough time for brush-up, don't accept that."

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
This is the result that you tried to keep it:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members

2014 has not been added at the end. Are you still going to keep it?
This seems to need to consider somewhat. I appealed to it for that.

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2
> This is the result that you tried to keep it:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members
>
> 2014 has not been added at the end. Are you still going to keep it?
> This seems to need to consider somewhat. I appealed to it for that.

Shortly, Yes. This result is not expected, but as prepared.

We still need our high bar for translators(=comitters), we can not
accept bad translations for Japanese users, sorry for limited
resource, but Japanese Translators(include me) are work as quality
gate, no one achieve our bar, so we can't scale, as intended.
But, you can contribute to Japanese Translations, because
non-translator contributors still smaller than Translators resources.
Please use our predefined way...

And, this is constatation for correction, you had not submit with
Web-based(license violated) translation yet in past days, is it right?

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
Please understand the true meaning I have appealed here!
I do not bother posting it here in English to want a reviewer!!

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2
> Please understand the true meaning I have appealed here!
> I do not bother posting it here in English to want a reviewer!!

Sorry, but I have to follow our discipline, bad quality and license
violation are real disaster for us.

Again, Please provide your truth about past days, this is very
important for us. Your commits are not based web-translation,
right....?

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
Sorry, someone please arbitrate. That's why I appealed here.
Then, this will not solve anything.

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2

> Sorry, someone please arbitrate. That's why I appealed here.
> Then, this will not solve anything.

Sorry for later,  and I feel your something uneasiness, but I can't
share your problem yet....

Recap of my viewpoint:

  - Ubuntu Japanese Translator still live when you use valid approach.
And, I believe that this is answer of your concern, you did not
contact with valid procedure.

  - When you want to contribute Japanese Translation, you can do it.

  - If you want to become Ubuntu Japanese Translator, you have to
build up your qualifiable results.

Would you please share your concern?

And, you want to became Ubuntu Translator (or adjust our bar), I must
say "No" with strong pain, you are not achieved our minimum bar(Lang
skill and experience for collaboration works) for healthy translations
at this time. So, please build up yourself with us!

Again^2, I send out a *last notice*, you have to show your relevance
in your works in past days. If not provided in a few weeks(because
Z-release are coming), we must revert your works, because your
translation output doesnt't match to FLOSS context.

And, some users  mention to me about your suggestion in translation of
ElementaryOS, that page have a message : "you can use machine
translation", but, I think that have no inquest about license
violation.
https://elementaryjapan.jimdo.com/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E7%BF%BB%E8%A8%B3/

So, in this phase, I have a sense of crisis from this page and your
translation works. Sorry for this explicit question,  but I must say
this, you don't have enough knowledge about FLOSS cultures and
licensing?  And, please provide your truth in past works(see past
replies).

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
I needed to this details so that you understand the problem.
I worked on it.

The subject is:

"Japanese team (reviewer) is not working".

We will need to consider web translation separately topic (or another
location?).
For example idea, Add translation candidates from Web translation to
Launchpad. It can improve the translation work.

To translators other than Japanese:
  This may be a problem now occurring or occurring later even in your
native language.
  Please think together and take measures.

This sentence is long. I apologize in advance. Sorry...

- Recent status of Japanese Linux distribution
Japan is a country where the use of Windows is particularly advantageous.
Even if you look at nearby PC shops and Amazon.co.jp,
PCs there are pretty Windows preinstalled (and Mac).

With the expiration of Windows XP, there was a movement to install the
Linux distribution on the PC.
Ubuntu flavors will also have acquired new users.

but Windows 7 was offered free of charge to upgrade to Windows 10,
There are few Linux distributions including Ubuntu flavors on PCs that
have run out of Windows.

The users currently supporting the Japanese Linux distribution is
decreasing by these.
Outside of Ubuntu, the following effects are also occurring:

-- Linux Mint
local group "Linux Mint Japan" has lost members to work.
The update of their top page is insufficient:
http://linuxmint-jp.net/

Linux Mint has already released 18.1 completely, but this page remains "18".
Recently the server has been suspended for a few days.

-- elementary OS
Their translation team was totally out of functionality.
Proposed members are not processed:
https://launchpad.net/~elementary-l10n-ja

I appealed this to the community.
A translation officer soon formed a new team:
https://launchpad.net/~elementary-l10n-jap
https://launchpad.net/~elementary-translators/+members

-- Vine Linux
https://vinelinux.org/

It is a distant distribution "from Japan" that is still well-known.
Vine Linux builds and manages packages on its own.
They were working towards the release of Vine Linux 7.
but it has led to a serious maintenance shortage.
So they are releasing Vine Linux 6.5.
Vine Linux 6.5 is already half year since the beta launch.

- Current status of Ubuntu Japanese Team
"Ubuntu Japanese Team" is Ubuntu's one local community.
It will be a Japanese distribution community that "represents the Japan".
but the team has obvious effects.

Team regularly held weekly meetings at IRC.
but that log stopped on August 18, 2015:
https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/IRCMeeting/

Clearly the work of the team is declining.

IRC meeting voting is included as a transition team' s participation transition:
https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/enroll/translator_candidates

  投票
  ・投票は、「Candidates」となった貢献者に対して、
    主として毎月第一回目の "IRCミーティング" 上で行う。

  (translation)
  Voting
  - voting is done mainly on the "IRC meeting" first of the every month
    for contributors who became 'Candidates'.

This work will not be done...

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members#active

The final addition of Member since is "June 10, 2014".

- Current status of “Ubuntu Japanese Translators” team
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja

1 year translation work will be displayed as a numerical value as "Kerma":
https://launchpad.net/+help-registry/karma.html

So I looked up the karma of the Active members:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ja/+members#active

Result:
  Akihiro Nishimura: 0
  Akira Tanaka: 83
  epii: 2
  Fumihito YOSHIDA: 35
  Hiroshi Miura: 0
  Hiroshi Tagawa: 14
  Jiro Matsuzawa: 51
  Jun Kobayashi: 35
  kawaji: 0
  Kenichi Ito: 194
  Kentaro Kazuhama: 110
  Koichi Akabe: 7
  lindwurm: 3
  luyikei: 0
  Naruhiko Ogasawara: 0
  Nazo: 1
  Satoshi Kubo: 0
  Shushi Kurose: 555
  Takahiro Sato: 0
  Taro Yamazaki: 0
  Toshiya TSURU: 0
  Ubuntu Japanese Team: (Team)
  Yasuaki Taniguchi: 40
  Yuki Kodama: 0

This result, there seems to be only 1 member active actively.
Clearly the review activity is stopped.
In the past year 16.04 LTS release and work are included.
This is a serious situation.

- Influence of Ubuntu flavors
"ubiquity-slideshow" The actual translation situation will be easy to explore:
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu

A few days ago Ubuntu flavors released 16.04.2 LTS.
Translation reflection information of that ubiquity-slideshow is as follows.
I shot an installation movie using Daily Build before releasing 16.04.2.
That movie is now on YouTube. I included that URL.:

Ubuntu Desktop Image: Complete Japanese
  Note to Japanese users:
   This is "not" Ubuntu Japanese Remix, provided by Ubuntu Japanese Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n1IXcgXacg (2:15)

Kubuntu: Some English
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPk2CGnvdQ (3:00)

Xubuntu: Complete Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMir7we31E0 (1:56)

Lubuntu: Complete Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Lhh4kTEQs (1:41)

Ubuntu GNOME: Some English
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUY8XxA6lU (2:16)

Ubuntu MATE: "Complete English"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKu7fLv8mY (2:02)

Also, during these installations you will occasionally get an English
message at the bottom.
They are LTS version point releases. Therefore, these are still translated.

Slideshow-ubuntu-mate has untranslated, but there are many waiting for review:
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-mate
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-mate

Ubuntu MATE is a new flavor. But the LTS version has already been
released. It's perfect English!
A few days ago slideshow-ubuntu-budgie was added this.
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/slideshow-ubuntu-budgie

When will it be able to see complete Japanese?
It is already awaiting reviews for the full items.

That's why I am appealing:

"Japanese team (reviewer) is not working".

You and teams need to take this fact and consider measures.

When will Ubuntu flavors become available in full Japanese?
It is an important element that can acquire Japanese users.
In this way Ubuntu will leave Japanese users further...

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2

> "Japanese team (reviewer) is not working".

  Okay, your concern is "Ubuntu Japanese Translators are defunct team,
and Japanese Translation covers very limited", isn't it?

  If so, I have to say "Please use valid way". Sorry for repeating,
but this is important. You hadn't contact with valid way, and we are
got your reach out  in this week. And your first contact time is Tue
Feb 21 in this development season.

  IMHO, you have some imbroglio. Please read our document and use
valid way, sorry for repeating.

  And....... I feel very heavy pain....but I have obligation to say
again, you must answer and free from suspicion before contribution.

  Again, I apologies we can't achieve your expectation and your
concern, but please built up the steps of contribution with us.

  I suggest your first step, please sign CoC. After that, check in
your user page at LP, if you complete this step, "Signed Ubuntu Code
of Conduct: Yes", and answering some questions in this thread. We (You
and Ubuntu Japanese Translators) have limited time for your
answering...

I try to answer to your concerns below.

- "Ubuntu Japanese Translators karma are low, you are defunct" : Yes,
sorry for our laziness, but Japanese Translators are moderator, not
work as committer. If non-Translator's contribution with valid caller,
our work become low (because we are in busy), our works are very
limited.

- "I can improve Japanese Translation":
  Yes, I agree on some premises. Use valid way, explain your
translation approach.

- "Japanese Translation coverage are too low.":
  Yes, sorry for our limited resources and limitation.

- "Japanese Translator's resource are very limited, my contribution
will fall on deaf ears...":
  No, these are not only our resources, read past mails in this list.

- "Less quality better than no quantities":
  IMHO, No. This is Translations, bad translation break the interface,
compromised contribution messed up our base.
  No, my understood of Open Source Policy/Spirit, Definitely No, we
cant use contribution with pollution.

- "Good coverage with less quality is better than enough quality with
limited coverage":
  In this phase, my opinion is No. Coverage is very important metric,
I agree. But we have not enough resource

- "I submit my translations, please review".
  Yes, please input your items to our review queue after doing your first step.

Again, thank you for your contribution spirit!  I'm waiting for your
answer and working with you.

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

AWASHIRO Ikuya
Hi, this is Ikuya who is an Ubuntu Japanese Team and an indirect member
of Ubuntu Japanese Translators.
And also now in active translator you looking for.

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:21:49 +0900
"BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Japanese team (reviewer) is not working".
We (Ubuntu Japanese Team/Ubuntu Japanese Translators) are active, because
I am here! I am here!

> - Influence of Ubuntu flavors
> "ubiquity-slideshow" The actual translation situation will be easy to explore:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu
>
> A few days ago Ubuntu flavors released 16.04.2 LTS.
> Translation reflection information of that ubiquity-slideshow is as follows.
> I shot an installation movie using Daily Build before releasing 16.04.2.
> That movie is now on YouTube. I included that URL.:
>
> Ubuntu Desktop Image: Complete Japanese
>   Note to Japanese users:
>    This is "not" Ubuntu Japanese Remix, provided by Ubuntu Japanese Team
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n1IXcgXacg (2:15)
>
> Kubuntu: Some English
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPk2CGnvdQ (3:00)
>
> Xubuntu: Complete Japanese
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMir7we31E0 (1:56)
>
> Lubuntu: Complete Japanese
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Lhh4kTEQs (1:41)
>
> Ubuntu GNOME: Some English
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUY8XxA6lU (2:16)
>
> Ubuntu MATE: "Complete English"
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKu7fLv8mY (2:02)
As you say, ubiquilty-slideshow-ubuntu-gnome[1] and ubiquity-slideshow-
xubuntu are in good shape. Because they are translated and/or reviewed
by Me.
I use/love Ubuntu GNOME and Xubuntu.
All you need is love, as Beatles (John Lennon) sang before. I love it.

> "Japanese team (reviewer) is not working".
>

> You and teams need to take this fact and consider measures.
I'll say it again (with singing John's "God"), we are active.
I too think ubiquity-slideshow-* need more work as you said, and I try
until 17.04 release. Don't stop me now. I love Queen, too.

> When will Ubuntu flavors become available in full Japanese?
Never will come. Because Ubuntu flavors, including softwares, you,
world, me, etc. keep on growing (oh, it is Derek and the Dominos!).

[1]: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/yakkety/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu-gnome/ja/+translate?
[2]: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/yakkety/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/ubiquity-slideshow-xubuntu/ja/+translate?

AWASHIRO Ikuya
[hidden email] / [hidden email] / [hidden email]
GPG fingerprint:
1A19 AD66 C53F 2250 3537 1A9D 3A53 2C1D 20AB CC8A

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.
Hey, AWASHIRO Ikuya!

You are the Fcitx project who refused by just looking at my name:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fcitx-dev/U4X3GjO41xo

I do not want to see your character anymore!

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (Keiichi SHIGA)
[hidden email]
https://launchpad.net/~balloon

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA-2
Hi, Fu-sen san,

> You are the Fcitx project who refused by just looking at my name:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fcitx-dev/U4X3GjO41xo

I have a question, It seems

  " Honesty speaking, your translations are not so good. "

  convert to

  " refused by just looking at my name ".

What did you mean?

Re: Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Joel Addison

I’d like to start out by reminding you of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, which can be found here: https://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct

I see a number of people in this thread have been trying to assist. They are currently waiting on your response to their questions, before they can help more. Please help them to help you by answering these questions.

We all want to improve Ubuntu, and translations are an important part of this. Lets work together to get this done, rather than having arguments that get nowhere.

-- Joel