KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Valorie Zimmerman
Greetings Release Team,

I'm writing as the Kubuntu Release Manager this cycle, and a newbie at
the job. I see from looking at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=&memo=28&start=28
that all of our PIM packages are waiting in Proposed since May 2 when
Rohan uploaded them.

They are just splits from existing source packages, so we're a bit
puzzled as to why they've been waiting so long. We understand that the
release team and archive admins are very busy in the light of recent
events, but feel that packages spending over 1 month in the new queue
is not great for our developers, community or ubuntu.

We'd very much like our users to be able to use and test PIM in Artful
even in advance of Alpha 1.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Rik Mills-2
+1 on this. I know things are difficult right now, but not even being
able to get a 'non-ancient' version of our default KDE email client and
groupware (KMail, Korganiser, Knotes, Kontact etc) into the archive is
utterly disheartening.

In addition, things continue to move on, and soon there will be more new
sources required, so we fall even further behind, and cannot offer up to
date software that other distributions do.

Thanks.

I apologise for 'nagging'

Rik

On 06/06/17 22:11, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:

> Greetings Release Team,
>
> I'm writing as the Kubuntu Release Manager this cycle, and a newbie at
> the job. I see from looking at
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=&memo=28&start=28
> that all of our PIM packages are waiting in Proposed since May 2 when
> Rohan uploaded them.
>
> They are just splits from existing source packages, so we're a bit
> puzzled as to why they've been waiting so long. We understand that the
> release team and archive admins are very busy in the light of recent
> events, but feel that packages spending over 1 month in the new queue
> is not great for our developers, community or ubuntu.
>
> We'd very much like our users to be able to use and test PIM in Artful
> even in advance of Alpha 1.
>
> Thanks so much for your consideration.
>
> Valorie
>


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Didier Roche-3
Le 08/06/2017 à 15:48, Rik Mills a écrit :

> +1 on this. I know things are difficult right now, but not even being
> able to get a 'non-ancient' version of our default KDE email client and
> groupware (KMail, Korganiser, Knotes, Kontact etc) into the archive is
> utterly disheartening.
>
> In addition, things continue to move on, and soon there will be more new
> sources required, so we fall even further behind, and cannot offer up to
> date software that other distributions do.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I apologise for 'nagging'

Sorry for the delay,
with the transition to the new GNOME desktop by default and other
related tasks, the few active people on the archive admin community were
quite busy at the start of this cycle.

I'm going to spend my tomorrow morning looking at your package and
unblock them.
Thanks for your patience and our apologizes again.

Cheers,
Didier

>
> Rik
>
> On 06/06/17 22:11, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> Greetings Release Team,
>>
>> I'm writing as the Kubuntu Release Manager this cycle, and a newbie at
>> the job. I see from looking at
>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=&memo=28&start=28
>> that all of our PIM packages are waiting in Proposed since May 2 when
>> Rohan uploaded them.
>>
>> They are just splits from existing source packages, so we're a bit
>> puzzled as to why they've been waiting so long. We understand that the
>> release team and archive admins are very busy in the light of recent
>> events, but feel that packages spending over 1 month in the new queue
>> is not great for our developers, community or ubuntu.
>>
>> We'd very much like our users to be able to use and test PIM in Artful
>> even in advance of Alpha 1.
>>
>> Thanks so much for your consideration.
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Aaron Honeycutt-2
Thanks a ton for looking at those Didier!

On Jun 12, 2017 6:17 AM, "Didier Roche" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 08/06/2017 à 15:48, Rik Mills a écrit :
+1 on this. I know things are difficult right now, but not even being
able to get a 'non-ancient' version of our default KDE email client and
groupware (KMail, Korganiser, Knotes, Kontact etc) into the archive is
utterly disheartening.

In addition, things continue to move on, and soon there will be more new
sources required, so we fall even further behind, and cannot offer up to
date software that other distributions do.

Thanks.

I apologise for 'nagging'

Sorry for the delay,
with the transition to the new GNOME desktop by default and other related tasks, the few active people on the archive admin community were quite busy at the start of this cycle.

I'm going to spend my tomorrow morning looking at your package and unblock them.
Thanks for your patience and our apologizes again.

Cheers,
Didier

Rik

On 06/06/17 22:11, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
Greetings Release Team,

I'm writing as the Kubuntu Release Manager this cycle, and a newbie at
the job. I see from looking at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=&memo=28&start=28
that all of our PIM packages are waiting in Proposed since May 2 when
Rohan uploaded them.

They are just splits from existing source packages, so we're a bit
puzzled as to why they've been waiting so long. We understand that the
release team and archive admins are very busy in the light of recent
events, but feel that packages spending over 1 month in the new queue
is not great for our developers, community or ubuntu.

We'd very much like our users to be able to use and test PIM in Artful
even in advance of Alpha 1.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

Valorie




--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Didier Roche-3
In reply to this post by Didier Roche-3
Le 12/06/2017 à 12:16, Didier Roche a écrit :

> Le 08/06/2017 à 15:48, Rik Mills a écrit :
>> +1 on this. I know things are difficult right now, but not even being
>> able to get a 'non-ancient' version of our default KDE email client and
>> groupware (KMail, Korganiser, Knotes, Kontact etc) into the archive is
>> utterly disheartening.
>>
>> In addition, things continue to move on, and soon there will be more new
>> sources required, so we fall even further behind, and cannot offer up to
>> date software that other distributions do.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I apologise for 'nagging'
>
> Sorry for the delay,
> with the transition to the new GNOME desktop by default and other
> related tasks, the few active people on the archive admin community
> were quite busy at the start of this cycle.
>
> I'm going to spend my tomorrow morning looking at your package and
> unblock them.
> Thanks for your patience and our apologizes again.

This is now done.

Note that there are some nitpicks but I didn't block on them as they
only are on debian/copyright. The code itself is fine. and now migrating
from proposed to the release pocket.

I'm listing those nitpicks here. Please fix those in a followup upload:
* pim-data-exporter has in debian/copyright:           2003, Laurence
Anderson. However, there is no trace of Laurence using her copyright in
any of the source file.
-> please remove that line.
* In general, the packaging has a different license file than the
upstream source (packaging is LGPL, sources are GPL + GFDL), but I
understand that those packages are split and rename from another one.
The result is that the upstream source tarball ships COPYING.LGPL where
the source doesn't have any file with that license.
* Similarly, the GDFL license (COPYING.DOC) is shipped in some upstream
source tarballs that don't have any files under that license like in
pim-storage-service-manager.
-> Please get a correct release without the unecessary license files

Sorry again for the delay, and I hope that will get you unblock!
Cheers,
Didier


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
Loading...