KMail: "Could not create collection trash, resourceId: 2"

KMail: "Could not create collection trash, resourceId: 2"

Volker Wysk
Hi

I'm getting a bad error from KMail:

"Im E-Mail-Programm ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten. Das Programm
wird beendet. Die Fehlermeldung lautet: Could not create collection trash,
resourceId: 2"

(Translation: "In the email program, a grave error occured. The program is now
being terminated. The error message is: Could not create collection trash,
resourceId: 2")

Before that, I've done something with trash folders (local one and in my local
Dovecot IMAP server).

Any ideas?

If I was to set up and configure Kmail again, which files in ~/.config,
~/.local or ~/.kde (or others) should I delete?

The kmail version is 5.7.3.

Bye
Volker

Re: KMail: "Could not create collection trash, resourceId: 2"

Volker Wysk
Hi again.

Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018, 22:34:20 CEST schrieb Volker Wysk:

> Hi
>
> I'm getting a bad error from KMail:
>
> "Im E-Mail-Programm ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten. Das Programm
> wird beendet. Die Fehlermeldung lautet: Could not create collection trash,
> resourceId: 2"
>
> (Translation: "In the email program, a grave error occured. The program is
> now being terminated. The error message is: Could not create collection
> trash, resourceId: 2")
>
> Before that, I've done something with trash folders (local one and in my
> local Dovecot IMAP server).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> If I was to set up and configure Kmail again, which files in ~/.config,
> ~/.local or ~/.kde (or others) should I delete?
>
> The kmail version is 5.7.3.

I've got it working again, with the help of Hakan Duran, in the kdepim-users
mailing list.

Bye