Kaffeine 0.7 in 5.10 crashes

Jose Gomez-Dans
Hi!
The kaffeine shipped with Breezy crashes in almost all video files. I
have tried the xine and gstreamer engines, without much success. The
mpeg4 format fares better, but it's still clunky. None of that happens
with mplayer or even noatun(!). I have installed the latest w32
codecs, and everything else is normal. What often happens is that if I
try to play a video, kaffeine disappears and dies. If I retry, the
window freezes and I'm left there waiting. The mouse works, but I
cannot click on any icon, get any menu or use the keyboard. The only
way out is a hard reset. This is using Kaffeine 0.7ubuntu4 (after an
upgrade from Hoary to Breezy).

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Jose

Re: Kaffeine 0.7 in 5.10 crashes

TiNePaS
El Sábado, 19 de Noviembre de 2005 00:40, Jose Gomez-Dans escribió:

> Hi!
> The kaffeine shipped with Breezy crashes in almost all video files. I
> have tried the xine and gstreamer engines, without much success. The
> mpeg4 format fares better, but it's still clunky. None of that happens
> with mplayer or even noatun(!). I have installed the latest w32
> codecs, and everything else is normal. What often happens is that if I
> try to play a video, kaffeine disappears and dies. If I retry, the
> window freezes and I'm left there waiting. The mouse works, but I
> cannot click on any icon, get any menu or use the keyboard. The only
> way out is a hard reset. This is using Kaffeine 0.7ubuntu4 (after an
> upgrade from Hoary to Breezy).
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks!
> Jose

Download this packages and install.

#sudo dpkg -i kaffeine_0.7.1-0czessi1_i386.deb
kaffeine-xine_0.7.1-0czessi1_i386.deb
kaffeine-gstreamer_0.7.1-0czessi1_i386.deb

http://ubuntu.czessi.net/pool/breezy/stable-updates/kaffeine-gstreamer_0.7.1-0czessi1_i386.deb
http://ubuntu.czessi.net/pool/breezy/stable-updates/kaffeine-xine_0.7.1-0czessi1_i386.deb
http://ubuntu.czessi.net/pool/breezy/stable-updates/kaffeine_0.7.1-0czessi1_i386.deb

--