Kaffeine removed with todays update

Jonas Norlander
It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
Can some other confirm it?

/ Jonas

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

gloonie
On Friday 12 December 2008 07:58:55 Jonas Norlander wrote:
> /usr/bin/kaffeine

Yep. Looks like it did here too.

Glenn

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

Georgi Kourtev

The same with me.

gk

2008/12/12 Glenn R Williams <[hidden email]>:
> On Friday 12 December 2008 07:58:55 Jonas Norlander wrote:
>> /usr/bin/kaffeine
>
> Yep. Looks like it did here too.
>
> Glenn

Damn thats my default player for videos. I guess can use VLC for my
videos but i need Kaffeine for my DVB-T card.
Are there some easy way to go back to previous version until this is sorted out?

There are 2 bugs reported for this.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaffeine/+bug/307412/
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaffeine/+bug/307417

/ Jonas

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

James Saveker
Quoting Georgi Kourtev <[hidden email]>:

> The same with me.
> gk
>

> On Friday 12 December 2008 15:03:55 Glenn R Williams wrote:
>> On Friday 12 December 2008 07:58:55 Jonas Norlander wrote:
>> > /usr/bin/kaffeine
>>
>> Yep. Looks like it did here too.
>>
>> Glenn

Is this update Kubuntu only, or one applicable to Ubuntu also?

Kind regards,

--
Jimbo.

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

C isn?t that hard: void (*(*f[])())() defines f as an array of
unspecified size,
of pointers to functions that return pointers to functions that return void

2008/12/12 James Saveker <[hidden email]>:

> Quoting Georgi Kourtev <[hidden email]>:
>
>> The same with me.
>> gk

>>> Yep. Looks like it did here too.
>>>
>>> Glenn
>>

> Is this update Kubuntu only, or one applicable to Ubuntu also?

I'm sure kubuntu and Ubuntu using the same repository so it will
effekt Ubuntu to.

/ Jonas

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

Derek Broughton-2
Jonas Norlander wrote:

> 2008/12/12 Glenn R Williams <[hidden email]>:
>> On Friday 12 December 2008 07:58:55 Jonas Norlander wrote:
>>> /usr/bin/kaffeine
>>
>> Yep. Looks like it did here too.
>>
>> Glenn
>>

> Damn thats my default player for videos. I guess can use VLC for my
> videos but i need Kaffeine for my DVB-T card.
> Are there some easy way to go back to previous version until this is
> sorted out?

aptitude install PACKAGE=VERSION

(iirc)
--
derek

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

Wulfy
Jonas Norlander wrote:
> It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
> binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
> Can some other confirm it?
>
> / Jonas

Here, too.  I wonder how the packagers managed to forget to put the
executable in? <mind state="boggled" />

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Copyright July 17, 1988 by Del Goetz

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

pierre jocelyn andre
Hi,
kaffeine is ko after update today, I have four satellites down  and nothing to do

2008/12/12 Wulfy <[hidden email]>
Jonas Norlander wrote:
> It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
> binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
> Can some other confirm it?
>
> / Jonas

Here, too.  I wonder how the packagers managed to forget to put the
executable in? <mind state="boggled" />

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Copyright July 17, 1988 by Del Goetz

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

Art Alexion-3
On Friday 12 December 2008 8:27:58 am Jonas Norlander wrote:

> 2008/12/12 Glenn R Williams <[hidden email]>:
> > On Friday 12 December 2008 07:58:55 Jonas Norlander wrote:
> >> /usr/bin/kaffeine
> >
> > Yep. Looks like it did here too.
> >
> > Glenn
>
> Damn thats my default player for videos. I guess can use VLC for my
> videos but i need Kaffeine for my DVB-T card.
> Are there some easy way to go back to previous version until this is sorted
> out?
>

> There are 2 bugs reported for this.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaffeine/+bug/307412/
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaffeine/+bug/307417
>
> / Jonas
sudo aptitude install kaffeine.  If kaffeine-gstreamer is installed it will
want to remove it.  Allow it, as you are probably using kaffeine-xine anyway.
At least that worked for me.

Re: Kaffeine removed with todays update

Nigel Henry-3
On Friday 12 December 2008 13:58, Jonas Norlander wrote:
> It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
> binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
> Can some other confirm it?
>
> / Jonas

Hi Jonas.

That's a bit odd. I did have xine installed, but not Kaffeine. I havn't
updated Intrepid since 20081113, so Installed Kaffeine with an apt-get
install kaffeine. then did an apt-get update, followed by apt-get
dist-upgrade. Said NO to the upgrade, as there are 212MB of packages waiting
to be updated (will do that overnight on dialup). There's no mention of the
Kaffeine I've just installed being removed though, due to the waiting
updates.

154 upgraded, 4 newly installed (kernel, kernel headers, etc), 0 to remove, 0
not upgraded.

At the moment /usr/bin/kaffeine exists

There is a whole bunch of KDE packages that are waiting to be updated, and I
have seen an update to kde-libs resulting in a package being removed for some
reason or other.

I'll post back tomorrow sometime, after the apt-get dist-upgrade has run to
completion, and check if /usr/bin/kaffeine still exists. I save all the
history from updates, so if anyone wants to view it, I'll post it to the
list.

If this is a problem with kdelibs, and kaffeine, hopefully it will be resolved
soon.

Nigel.

2008/12/12 Nigel Henry <[hidden email]>:

> On Friday 12 December 2008 13:58, Jonas Norlander wrote:
>> It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
>> binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
>> Can some other confirm it?
>>
>> / Jonas
>
> Hi Jonas.
>
> That's a bit odd. I did have xine installed, but not Kaffeine. I havn't
> updated Intrepid since 20081113, so Installed Kaffeine with an apt-get
> install kaffeine. then did an apt-get update, followed by apt-get
> dist-upgrade. Said NO to the upgrade, as there are 212MB of packages waiting
> to be updated (will do that overnight on dialup). There's no mention of the
> Kaffeine I've just installed being removed though, due to the waiting
> updates.

This is fixed in kaffeine - 0.8.7-1ubuntu2 but its not in backports yet.

From https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaffeine/+bug/307175

This bug was fixed in the package kaffeine - 0.8.7-1ubuntu2

kaffeine (0.8.7-1ubuntu2) jaunty; urgency=low

  * Fix files not installed (LP: #307175):
    - re-add DEB_DESTDIR line (Debian doesn't use a kaffeine.install file)
    - change dir from tmp to kaffeine in kaffeine-gstreamer.install

 -- Cesare Tirabassi <[hidden email]> Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:39:42 +0100

/ Jonas