Kdepim removal on Focal upgrades

Clay Weber-2
There are a couple reports on Kubuntuforums of upgrades 20.04 removing Kdepim(1) as well as on Reddit (2).  This is not the well known removal from the iso, it is current installs with having it removed during the upgrade.

Is this intentional/corrrect or should this be reported as a bug? This action is not mentioned on the release notes for Focal.

(1) https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/76847-Upgraded-19-10-to-20-04-all-fine
(2) https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/comments/gikp86/questions_about_the_switch_from_kontact_to/

Clay Weber

Re: Kdepim removal on Focal upgrades

Mark Fraser-2
On 31/05/2020 20:43, Clay Weber wrote:
> There are a couple reports on Kubuntuforums of upgrades 20.04 removing Kdepim(1) as well as on Reddit (2).  This is not the well known removal from the iso, it is current installs with having it removed during the upgrade.
>
> Is this intentional/corrrect or should this be reported as a bug? This action is not mentioned on the release notes for Focal.
>

> (1) https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/76847-Upgraded-19-10-to-20-04-all-fine
> (2) https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/comments/gikp86/questions_about_the_switch_from_kontact_to/

I've done 4 upgrades to 20.04 so far and only 2 of those have wanted to
remove KDEPIM. The 1st was while I was on Focal testing and just assumed
something had gone wrong with the packaging the day I'd done an update.
Not sure what happened with the 2nd as it was a fairly fresh 19.10 install.