This past week we uploaded the 3.2.0-19.30, 3.2.0-19.31, and 3.2.0-20.32
kernels. This included a rebase to upstream stable v3.2.12, removal of
the non-smp PowerPC kernel flavor, updated SECCOMP patches, updated
AppArmor patches, and misc config changes and bug fixes. 3.2.0-20.32 is
the last kernel we intend to upload prior to Beta-2.
We have a few remaining Beta-2 work items. None are release critical.
We'll get them closed or postponed accordingly.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
As noted, we've dropped the non-smp PowerPC kernel flavor . Should
any issues arise which would require us to reinstate the non-smp PowerPC
flavor, we will proceed with the proposal outlined on the mailing list:
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
=== HW Cert blocking kernel bugs ===
* Bug:918769 - X blink with Vostro 360 and Ubuntu Oneiric and Precise
* This was a known eDP bug for this particular SKU and vendor opted to
ship anyway (supporting VGA only). Should be fixed in 3.3 where there
was a big eDP rewrite. 12.10 should be more reasonable for a
* Bug:714862 - Atheros AR3011 cannot be turned up/is not recognized.
* Fix Committed. Firmware issue.
* Bug:881566 - [Latitude E6320] Wifi always hard blocked
* Under investigation, assigned to lexical
* Bug:882253 - [Thinkpad E520] SDHC card unable to be mounted
* Should be fixed for Precise, awaiting verification
* Bug:888219 - [ThinkPad E420] Wifi is always soft blocked
* Possibly fixed for Precise, awaiting verification
* Bug:926136 - CPU1 on Dell PowerEdge M610, R715 and IBM X3500 M3 goes
offline after exercising frequency governors
* Unreproducible after first boot, not clear if this is an error with
the cpu_frequency_governors test or not.
* Bug:876023 - [Vostro 3550] Wireless appears to be broken
* BIOS update resolved the issue.
* Bug:826784 - [ThinkPad Edge E520] Wireless is always soft-blocked
* Fix Released in Precise as of 3.2.0-19.31
* Bug:825777 - Display will not turn on in Oneiric with Llano APUs
* Precise not affected, this bug is tracking the backport to oneiric.
We're also keeping an eye on the following bugs:
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:948235 - Intel wireless still randomly drops connection
* Bug:944929 - psb_gfx boot hang on Atom N2600 (GMA3600 Cedarview)
* Bug:947751 - 3.2.0-18-generic: Broadcom BCM4306 Wireless (rev 03) [14e4:4320]: Network links are *never* ready
* Bug:937118 - Wireless stops passing packets
* Bug:922906 - BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000009c
* Bug:960311 - Networking on Dell PowerEdge R300 with Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express is not functional
* Bug:961482 - 3.2.0-19 kernel fails to boot (-18 OK)
* Bug:960306 - Fails to suspend on latest precise kernel
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==