Krecipes

Bruce Marshall
Is anyone here using Krecipes on Kubuntu?    It doesn't show up on the 19.10 Beta and I wonder if it has been dropped.

I don't mind switching to something better but there has to be a migration path to save all of the information in the Krecipes database and move it to a new platform.

Anyone have any info on this package?   Thanks

Re: Krecipes

Rik Mills-2
On 29/09/2019 18:42, Bruce Marshall wrote:> Is anyone here using
Krecipes on Kubuntu?    It doesn't show up on the
> 19.10 Beta and I wonder if it has been dropped.
>
> I don't mind switching to something better but there has to be a
> migration path to save all of the information in the Krecipes database
> and move it to a new platform.
>
> Anyone have any info on this package?   Thanks

Krecipes was removed from Debian and Ubuntu a short while ago, along
with everything else KDE4.

I believe that an application called kookbook now exists in the archive,
with a converter script for krecipes data. I haven't used it, so cannot
say any more about it.

Rik

Re: Krecipes

Rik Mills-2
On 29/09/2019 19:32, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On 9/29/19 2:00 PM, Rik Mills wrote:
>
> Will look for the script but in the looking I did, found nothing about
> converting.  Kookbook doesn't look to be very comprehensive...  I may
> have to look into compiling Krecipes from the source.  Not happy.
>
> But thanks much for the information.

Debian did their best to hide the instructions!

See: https://sources.debian.org/src/kookbook/0.2.1-1/debian/README/

Re: Krecipes

Clay Weber-2
Krecipies has not had a new version since 2016, and is still KDE4/Qt4, which are both unsupported, and such packages have been removed from Debian, which is actually where Ubuntu imported krecipes package from. Even if Ubuntu had packaged it themselves, it would have been removed as they have also removed Qt4/KDE 4 packages as well.

Krecipes can export the recipes into a number of different common recipe formats.

On September 29, 2019 at 1:42 PM Bruce Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is anyone here using Krecipes on Kubuntu?    It doesn't show up on the 19.10 Beta and I wonder if it has been dropped.

I don't mind switching to something better but there has to be a migration path to save all of the information in the Krecipes database and move it to a new platform.

Anyone have any info on this package?   Thanks

Re: Krecipes

Bruce Marshall
Wow..  thanks for this!!!   Been looking all afternoon but found nothing...

From: Rik Mills <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Krecipes
Date: 9/29/19 3:29 PM
To: [hidden email], Kubuntu user technical support <[hidden email]>

On 29/09/2019 19:32, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On 9/29/19 2:00 PM, Rik Mills wrote:
>
> Will look for the script but in the looking I did, found nothing about
> converting.  Kookbook doesn't look to be very comprehensive...  I may
> have to look into compiling Krecipes from the source.  Not happy.
>
> But thanks much for the information.

Debian did their best to hide the instructions!

See: https://sources.debian.org/src/kookbook/0.2.1-1/debian/README/

Re: Krecipes

Bruce Marshall
Could you name a few?  Been looking at alternatives...

From: Clay Weber <[hidden email]>
Date: 9/29/19 4:10 PM
To: [hidden email], Kubuntu user technical support <[hidden email]>

Krecipes can export the recipes into a number of different common recipe formats

Re: Krecipes

Clay Weber-2
I can't recall for sure, as I have not used Krecipes in many ages now, probably 2010-12 ish, but it exports to Mealmaster and Mastercook formats, which were popular formats back in the day when recipe sites offered downloadable files.

I have zero idea about any other recipe software for Linux that is still in use or development. I either use old fashioned cookbooks, or skip right over to the internet as needed.

From: Clay Weber < [hidden email]>
Date: 9/29/19 4:10 PM
To: [hidden email], Kubuntu user technical support < [hidden email]>

From: Clay Weber < [hidden email]>
Date: 9/29/19 4:10 PM
To: [hidden email], Kubuntu user technical support < [hidden email]>

Krecipes can export the recipes into a number of different common recipe formats