Kubuntu 11.10 and KDE PIM 4.8.2

Mark Fraser-4
Has anyone got any tips on getting KDE PIM 4.8.2 to work? I only upgraded to
Kubuntu 11.10 2 weekends ago after being happy with 11.04, but thought it was
about time I upgraded.

First of all I tried to get everything working with 4.7.4 and although it did
kind of work, there were numerous things that made it a pain to use such as
filtering not working. So I thought I'd try 4.8.2 from the backport PPA and it
seems worse, now in addition to the problems I was having before, I now keep
seeing "retrieving folder contents" whenever I try to read emails and Contacts
seems to take ages to display the contact details after clicking on a contact.

So, has anyone got any tips that might help me get this thing sorted?