Kubuntu 16.04.4 Testing needed!

Aaron Honeycutt-2
Hello all!

The fouth point release of 16.04 is releasing on March 1st and we need as much general testing from VirtualBoxes to metal installs and tests as we can get before then. Please grab the latest image and test test test!

Re: Kubuntu 16.04.4 Testing needed!

Valorie Zimmerman
Thanks for this, Aaron.

Remember folks -- i386 test cases especially needed, especially on actual 386 hardware. The testcase at the bottom, "Non-English Live Session & Installation; Full Network Support" is especially important for i386, although it is marked as Optional.

Click on the little disk symbol to download, and use rsync or zsync to your old 16.04 ISO to save yourself some download time. http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com/2018/01/seeding-new-isos-easy-zsync-way.html for more about how to do that.

Valorie

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Aaron Honeycutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all!

The fouth point release of 16.04 is releasing on March 1st and we need as much general testing from VirtualBoxes to metal installs and tests as we can get before then. Please grab the latest image and test test test!

Re: Kubuntu 16.04.4 Testing needed!

Valorie Zimmerman
Checking the status of our Xenial point release testing I see that 3
of the 6 mandatory tests for Kubuntu Desktop amd64 have been done.

NONE of the 6 mandatory tests for Kubuntu Desktop i386 have been done.
It feels very bad that although the 386 users have been begging us not
to drop support, they - so far - are not willing to test. This is not
sustainable.

I can test on my little travel laptop, but that is not a 386 machine,
so it *cannot* be the test we need. Based on this I will probably not
back offering i386 images after this next LTS. 386 users: change my
mind, and get these tests done.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/386/builds

This is a community created and sustained project. If the community
wants i386 support to continue: TEST.

Valorie

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Kubuntu 16.04.4 Testing needed!

Valorie Zimmerman
In worse news, I could not get our i386 installer to run for me at
all. I had some success with amd64, and tested MATE's i386 installer
which was successful. In some ways it is simpler and more attractive
than ours.

After this next LTS we'll need to reconsider this.

Message remains -- i386 users with i386 machines -- please test NOW.

Valorie

http://about.me/valoriez