Kubuntu Council Elections 2019 - Call for Nominations

Kubuntu Council Elections 2019 - Call for Nominations

Rik Mills-2
Hello Kubuntu community!

The terms for the following Council members are due to expire on the 1st
September 2019:

Aaron Honeycutt
Rick Timmis
Rik Mills

I hereby call for nominations for the Kubuntu Council to elect three (3)
members and hope that  Aaron Honeycutt, Rick Timmis, Rik Mills will
continue to serve until we have the names of the new Council members.

I will update the Kubuntu Calendar to reflect these new dates.

The term is for two years, spanning 1st September 2019 to 1st September
2021.

As in the past, the election will be conducted using CIVS (Condorcet
Internet Voting Service) - http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html and
the top three ranking vote recipients will be elected.

Schedule:

Nomination period: Now to the 24th August 2019
Ballot Preparation: 23rd August to the next day
Voting Period: 24th August 31st August
End Poll/Results Announced: 31st August
New Term Begins: 1st September 2019

This schedule shortens all the time-lines compared to our usual 2
months, so please nominate yourselves or others quickly.

A volunteer Kubuntu Member is also now required to conduct the actual poll.

The above deadlines may be subject to minor revision, and a follow up
email will give details if this is so. However, nominations open NOW so
please be as prompt as possible.

Please mention what you would like to accomplish within the Kubuntu
project (Why people should vote for you)

Eligibility:

All Kubuntu Members ( https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/+members )
are eligible to be nominated and to vote. If you have a public email
address in Launchpad, you need take no further action to receive your
voting ballot. If you do not have a public email address, please contact
me off-list with the address you'd like your ballot sent to, otherwise
you will be unable to vote.

Nominations:

All Kubuntu members are eligible. The Kubuntu Council is intended to
represent all of the Kubuntu community. Applications from involved
non-developers are encouraged. If you are nominating someone else,
please confirm their willingness to serve before nominating them.
Nominations should be done in public via either kubuntu-users or
kubuntu-devel mailing lists. If there is some extraordinary reason that
precludes that, contact me directly.

Commitment:

The Kubuntu Council is the leadership body of Kubuntu.  Members of the
council are expected to be active in the Kubuntu community/project. It
has three primary roles:

 - Approve development plans for future Kubuntu releases
 - Approve Kubuntu membership applications
 - Resolve disputes within the Kubuntu project

The time commitment is not large. Meetings are generally only once every
several months and conducted via IRC. However, we do need the Kubuntu
Council to lead the community, not sit back and only attend meetings.

Questions:

If there are questions, you can contact us via this mailing list or (if
really necessary) via direct mail.  We can also be found on Freenode IRC
in #kubuntu, #kubuntu-council or #kubuntu-devel

Many thanks to all and please remember "time is of the essence".

Happy nominating and voting,

Rik Mills
Kubuntu Council

Re: Kubuntu Council Elections 2019 - Call for Nominations

Rik Mills-2
I can confirm that I will also be standing for another term.