Kubuntu Council Nominations

Valorie Zimmerman
The notice that nominations are open lacked an end date. Since it was issued on the 23rd of June, 6 days ago, it's a bit abrupt to close it tomorrow -- and we still have one open position. So nominations will close August 3rd, which is a good 10 days.

If you are a Kubuntu Member, please consider serving on the Council. We can use your help! You can have someone nominate you, or even better: nominate yourself.

All the best,

Valorie

Re: [Kubuntu-council] Kubuntu Council Nominations

Myriam Schweingruber-2
Hi all,

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 at 21:06, Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
The notice that nominations are open lacked an end date. Since it was issued on the 23rd of June, 6 days ago, it's a bit abrupt to close it tomorrow -- and we still have one open position. So nominations will close August 3rd, which is a good 10 days.

If you are a Kubuntu Member, please consider serving on the Council. We can use your help! You can have someone nominate you, or even better: nominate yourself.

I am not the most active of Kubuntu members and did not intend to run again, but am willing to give a hand if you need me.
In other words: I am a candidate again for a seat in the Kubuntu Council, but would be happy to step down if there are enough candidates.

Best regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community:

Re: [Kubuntu-council] Kubuntu Council Nominations

Mike Mikowski
Hi All:

I believe distros need solution partners and that joining the council would help grow interest in the wonderful benefits of Kubuntu.  I hope you agree.

I am the project manager of the Kubuntu Focus and have created numerous OSS solutions and documentation, much of which can be moved up stream. I have used Linux for 25 years, Kubuntu for 12, and maintained the Kubuntu Preferred Apps Spreadsheet for 8 years. During release upgrades, this spreadsheet can see over 20 concurrent viewers. I also wrote the best-selling Single Page Web Applications, and have a long history creating OSS solutions, primarily with JavaScript although I have worked professionally in at least 10 languages. I work on improving the Kubuntu stack every day  - and often all day - and certainly have a keen professional and personal desire to see Kubuntu thrive.

Sincerely, Mike