Kubuntu Jaunty beta desktop kaput installer

Kubuntu Jaunty beta desktop kaput installer

Rod Lovett
Tried to install Kubuntu jaunty beta 32 from the desktop cd, goes OK
then throws up  a desktop again minus installer towards the end and does
not install grub properly and gives a grub error.
So it is a kaput installer.
Best
Rod

Re: Kubuntu Jaunty beta desktop kaput installer

Nils Kassube-2
Rod Lovett wrote:
> Tried to install Kubuntu jaunty beta 32 from the desktop cd, goes OK
> then throws up  a desktop again minus installer towards the end and
> does not install grub properly and gives a grub error.
> So it is a kaput installer.

I don't think it is a general problem because it worked for me. Now what
is your message?

Is it a bug report? Then it is lost here. Please file a bug at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/> and include some more details.

Is it a help request? Then please tell us a what the grub error message
is and what hardware you have.

Is it a warning for others? Well then, thanks for the info, but as not
everybody has this problem, please give some detail about your
hardware.

Nils

Re: Kubuntu Jaunty beta desktop kaput installer

David Fletcher-5
On Sunday 29 Mar 2009, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Rod Lovett wrote:
> > Tried to install Kubuntu jaunty beta 32 from the desktop cd, goes OK
> > then throws up  a desktop again minus installer towards the end and
> > does not install grub properly and gives a grub error.
> > So it is a kaput installer.
>
> I don't think it is a general problem because it worked for me. Now what
> is your message?

Agreed.

It worked for me, too, but I've just installed it under VirtualBox, from the
ISO file not a CD for now, until I feel comfortable with installing it onto a
new hard drive.

Had to fool around a little, Google for the error message when I tried to
install the Guest Additions, but it worked. When I get time I'll do a backup
from Gutsy, then try to do a user account restore to Jaunty.

Dave

--

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763