Kubuntu-PPAs for Artful

Volker Wysk
Hi!

I've done a "do-release-upgrade" from 17.04 to 17.10, and I got the message
"Paketquellen von Drittanbietern deaktiviert" ("package sources for thrid
party providers deactivated").

It turns out, that it has rewritten my Kubuntu PPAs in /etc/apt/
sources.list.d/ from "zesty" to "artful", and at the same time commented out
these lines:

# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu artful main

and

# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu artful main

How do I configure the new Kubuntu PPAs, for Artful? When I just uncomment
these lines, and do a "apt update", it says there are 320 new packages. Is
this okay? It looks like too much for me, for KDE. I'm afraid that doing an
upgrade will break my system.

Bye
Volker

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017, 10:58:54 CET schrieb Dale Trombley:
> You should be fine uncommenting and letting the packages upgrade. The
> backports ppa has a lot of updates to offer the first time it is ran.

Okay, have tried it. It looks like everything (modulo KDE bugs) works fine.

Thanx

Volker