Kubuntu Release Manager / Kubuntu Promotion team

Kubuntu Release Manager / Kubuntu Promotion team

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi folks, now that Artful Aardvark 17.10 archive is now open, and our
developers are preparing packages for testing and upload, we're
heading towards Alpha 1 which is scheduled for June 29. So no hurry,
but why not get things set up now?

I helped Walter (wxl) who functioned as our RM last cycle, and it
wasn't *hard* -- but there were lots of steps. I think a small team
would do this job better than one person, so I'd like people to look
at the job and step up for this cycle. It would be great is someone
who likes Facebook, can be active there, for instance. Same with
Kubuntuforums, Twitter, Reddit, G+. In fact, this call might be spread
to those places too! By the way, Walter has promised to help us out if
we need it.

I was thinking of a separate IRC channel and/or a Telegram group, but
we've been using #kubuntu-council, and Kubuntu Council Telegram group
which are bridged, and it's working well. I think that members of the
Council who aren't packaging will want to help out in this way anyway.
The IRC channel is public, and I'll add anyone to the T-group who
wants that. If that channel gets too busy or the rest of the KC wants
it separate, we can do that too.

I have a wiki page on Phabricator about the RM work:
https://phabricator.kde.org/w/kubuntu/release-management/. Walter made
a page for us on the KDE wiki:
https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/ReleaseManagement . And today Walter
shared an older wiki page that they have used to keep track of who is
doing what in Lubuntu:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Developers/PrePostReleaseTODO

To get organized we could do a similar page on one of the wikis, LP,
or instead -- anybody have any ideas?

Step up folks, and let's get set up.

Valorie

PS: Supposedly UOS is next week, but http://summit.ubuntu.com/ is
still empty. I think the big changes that Mark Shuttleworth announced
have thrown people into a bit of a loop. When it is scheduled, maybe
we could have a session and do this planning in real-time?

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Kubuntu Release Manager / Kubuntu Promotion team

Rik Mills-2
I'm on those forums and social media, so can do or share some of that.
Facebook excluded, as I keep away from that.

The rest of the progress and the ideas look good. :)

Rik