Kubuntu in the Boston Herald

Daniel Robitaille
Kubuntu was mentionned in this article in the Boston Herald this
morning (online; not sure about the printed edition):

http://business.bostonherald.com/reviews/view.bg?articleid=112122&format=&page=1

"Kubuntu is a darn-nice operating system.
      In this reviewer's testing, it was more stable than Windows.
Over a couple weeks, it froze only once. And for many applications
such as word-processing and e-mail, it was faster than Windows
mainstays Word and Outlook. The biggest surprise to this reviewer was
the beauty of the interface. It was nicer than any Windows variation.
Moreover, there are all sorts of ways to adjust the look. If you can't
find one you like, there are dozens of others to try."

--
Daniel Robitaille

Re: Kubuntu in the Boston Herald

Paul Sladen-2
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> Kubuntu was mentionned in this article in the Boston Herald this morning

I've read several articles in that paper.  It's very strange to now actually
be in the city where it comes from...

        -Paul
--
I like this state more, they surface the roads.  Cambridge/Boston, MA, US.

Re: Kubuntu in the Boston Herald

rekrutacja

Re: Kubuntu in the Boston Herald

John-68
Daniel Robitaille wrote:

> Kubuntu was mentionned in this article in the Boston Herald this
> morning (online; not sure about the printed edition):
>
> http://business.bostonherald.com/reviews/view.bg?articleid=112122&format=&page=1
>
> "Kubuntu is a darn-nice operating system.
>       In this reviewer's testing, it was more stable than Windows.
> Over a couple weeks, it froze only once. And for many applications
> such as word-processing and e-mail, it was faster than Windows
> mainstays Word and Outlook. The biggest surprise to this reviewer was
> the beauty of the interface. It was nicer than any Windows variation.
> Moreover, there are all sorts of ways to adjust the look. If you can't
> find one you like, there are dozens of others to try."

I have to say that Kubuntu and SuSE both look PDF on my new laptop. I'm
sure part of that's the screen (though I'm not convinced high-gloss is
the way to go, too many reflections. Reminds me of IBM's CGA monitors
which, fortunately, I didn't get to use).

The KDE folks have done well. At kde.org and other places.