Kwallet broken

Volker Wysk
Hi

I don't know, what has happened, but suddenly Kwallet is no longer available.
When I log in to plasma on my desktop, I get two windows, each asking me to
enter a password - one for KMail and one for the Nextcloud-desktop-client.
(I'm writing this on my laptop.)

There is this error message: "Couldn't open wallet:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply; Message recipient disconnected
disconnected from message bus without replying"

When I open the KWalletManager, the wallet is empty.

What happened, and how to fix this?

Bye
Volker

(solved) Re: Kwallet broken

Volker Wysk
Hi

After I have configured a new wallet in "password management", and set it as the Standard, it works again. The old wallet "kdewallet", which was set as the standard, doesn't work. You can't open it, and passwords can't be saved. Something is still broken, but I leave it this way for now.

Bye
Volker

Re: (solved) Re: Kwallet broken

O. Sinclair
On 01/07/18 06:09, Volker Wysk wrote:
> Hi
>
> After I have configured a new wallet in "password management", and set it as the Standard, it works again. The old wallet "kdewallet", which was set as the standard, doesn't work. You can't open it, and passwords can't be saved. Something is still broken, but I leave it this way for now.
>
> Bye
> Volker

Had the same problem once upon a time and resorted to same solution: new
wallet and try remember all passwords...

Re: (solved) Re: Kwallet broken

Phil
On 07/01/18 16:27, O. Sinclair wrote:

> Had the same problem once upon a time and resorted to same solution: new
> wallet and try remember all passwords...

I use Keepassx password manager on both my laptop and tablet. Absolutely
brilliant, no trouble at all.

Phil

Re: (solved) Re: Kwallet broken

Volker Wysk
Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 08:27:09 CET schrieb O. Sinclair:
> On 01/07/18 06:09, Volker Wysk wrote:
> Had the same problem once upon a time and resorted to same solution: new
> wallet and try remember all passwords...

Some two years ago, kwallet didn't work here, too. It was caused by ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl being owned by root, instead of the normal user...

Volker