Quantcast

Last Kubuntu using KDE4?

Jon Danniken
Hello list, I would like to install Kubuntu on one of my machines, but I
am not a fan of Plasma5.  Because of this, I am wondering what the last
version of Kubuntu is that is based on KDE4 (ideally an LTS version).

Thanks for your help!

Jon

Re: Last Kubuntu using KDE4?

Doug McGarrett

On 11/27/2016 04:08 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
> Hello list, I would like to install Kubuntu on one of my machines, but
> I am not a fan of Plasma5.  Because of this, I am wondering what the
> last version of Kubuntu is that is based on KDE4 (ideally an LTS
> version).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Jon

Don't know about Kubuntu, but there is an LTS version of Mint 17 that
uses KDE4. As you may know, Mint is an offshoot of Ubuntu, and will use
all the Ubuntu apps.

--doug

Re: Last Kubuntu using KDE4?

Aaron Honeycutt-2
The last version that is a LTS would he Kubuntu 14.04.

On Nov 27, 2016 5:09 PM, "Jon Danniken" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello list, I would like to install Kubuntu on one of my machines, but I am not a fan of Plasma5.  Because of this, I am wondering what the last version of Kubuntu is that is based on KDE4 (ideally an LTS version).

Thanks for your help!

Jon

Re: Last Kubuntu using KDE4?

O. Sinclair
On 11/28/16 00:08, Jon Danniken wrote:
> Hello list, I would like to install Kubuntu on one of my machines, but I
> am not a fan of Plasma5.  Because of this, I am wondering what the last
> version of Kubuntu is that is based on KDE4 (ideally an LTS version).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Jon

last version was 14.10, last LTS was 14.04

Re: Last Kubuntu using KDE4? (Inline Thanks)

Jon Danniken

On 11/27/16 3:23 PM, Aaron Honeycutt wrote:
 > The last version that is a LTS would he Kubuntu 14.04.

Thanks Aaron!

 > Don't know about Kubuntu, but there is an LTS version of Mint 17 that
 > uses KDE4. As you may know, Mint is an offshoot of Ubuntu, and will
 > use all the Ubuntu apps.
 >
 > --doug

Thanks Doug, looks like all of the 17* versions use KDE4.

On 11/27/16 8:17 PM, O. Sinclair wrote:

 >last version was 14.10, last LTS was 14.04

Thanks 0.

Jon