Legacy server 20.04

Jerry Geis
I am trying to get the "%pre" section working in kickstart.  I just have simple commands there right now and its not working.

%pre
chroot /target
echo 1 > /root/pre_working

I get no file.

Also - how do I get NFS working in the %post section?

Thanks,

Jerry

Re: Legacy server 20.04

Tom H-4
On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 4:48 PM Jerry Geis <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am trying to get the "%pre" section working in kickstart. I
> just have simple commands there right now and its not working.
>
> %pre
> chroot /target
> echo 1 > /root/pre_working
>
> I get no file.

Do "%pre" and "%post" work in kickseed?

But you can't "chroot" when there's no installation.

Try
echo 1 > /target/pre_working
because "/target/root" doesn't exist yet

> Also - how do I get NFS working in the %post section?

Does "working" mean installing nfs or setting up nfs?

installing - isn't it installed if you have "nfs-kernel-server" in "%packages"?

setting up - if "%post" works, you have to set up "/etc/default/nfs-*"
and "/etc/exports".

Re: Legacy server 20.04

Jerry Geis
Actually I am attempting to use nfs.  Mount an nfs directory on another server.
I have notice after I install I have to "apt install nfs-common".

So how do I do all that in a %post section. I guess there are two cases using chroot /target and then doing without chroot.
Thanks,

Jerry

Re: Legacy server 20.04

Tom H-4
On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 11:59 PM Jerry Geis <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Actually I am attempting to use nfs. Mount an nfs directory on
> another server.
>
> I have notice after I install I have to "apt install nfs-common".
>
> So how do I do all that in a %post section. I guess there are two
> cases using chroot /target and then doing without chroot.

There's no use to chroot in "%post", it's the default.