Linode sponsorship

Clive Johnston-3
Hi folks,

Last night we had a hiccup with one of the Kubuntu Continuous Integration (KCI) slaves (linode-01), which reminded me to mention this.

With all the excitement surrounding the Kubuntu Council elections and getting ready to release Kubuntu 17.10, we seem to have overlooked the fact the server used for packaging work and also KCI provided by Linode has actually expired (We received sponsorship via Aaron Honeycutt).

To avail of this sponsorship, someone had to provide credit card details in order to setup an account.  Phillip (yofel) kindly agreed to this in order to get the services online as soon as possible.  However, since the sponsorship has lapsed, I believe that the full fee is now being charged to Philip's card and wanted to bring this to the attention of the Kubuntu Council.

We receive donations via our website and have a healthy sum in the bank, therefore I propose that Phillip is refunded any expenses he has incurred by this act of kindness.  I would also like the KC to approach Linode about further sponsorship, if possible in order to keep the services we have or even a reduced rate paid from the Kubuntu fund directly.

Can someone look into this as soon as possible please?

Clive

Re: [Kubuntu-council] Linode sponsorship

Rik Mills-2
I very much agree that Phil should be reimbursed all expenses he has
incurred as a result of this.

Aaron, can you please update us on the status of the Linode sponsorship?
Can this be extended?

I fear as Phil has remarked on IRC that paying full price for the linode
services we have now is prohibitively expensive, so I would suggest
investigating alternatives with some urgency if this is the case and
sponsorship cannot be re-established.

Rik

On 04/10/17 12:55, Clive Johnston wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Last night we had a hiccup with one of the Kubuntu Continuous
> Integration (KCI) slaves (linode-01), which reminded me to mention this.
>
> With all the excitement surrounding the Kubuntu Council elections and
> getting ready to release Kubuntu 17.10, we seem to have overlooked the
> fact the server used for packaging work and also KCI provided by Linode
> has actually expired (We received sponsorship via Aaron Honeycutt).
>
> To avail of this sponsorship, someone had to provide credit card details
> in order to setup an account.  Phillip (yofel) kindly agreed to this in
> order to get the services online as soon as possible.  However, since
> the sponsorship has lapsed, I believe that the full fee is now being
> charged to Philip's card and wanted to bring this to the attention of
> the Kubuntu Council.
>
> We receive donations via our website and have a healthy sum in the bank,
> therefore I propose that Phillip is refunded any expenses he has
> incurred by this act of kindness.  I would also like the KC to approach
> Linode about further sponsorship, if possible in order to keep the
> services we have or even a reduced rate paid from the Kubuntu fund directly.
>
> Can someone look into this as soon as possible please?
>
> Clive

.

Re: [Kubuntu-council] Linode sponsorship

Aaron Honeycutt-2
I agree on getting Phil credit back for that charge.

I don't have the login for the kubuntu account on linode to see that ticket we had open for the sponsorship, but I think Phil does.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Rik Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
I very much agree that Phil should be reimbursed all expenses he has
incurred as a result of this.

Aaron, can you please update us on the status of the Linode sponsorship?
Can this be extended?

I fear as Phil has remarked on IRC that paying full price for the linode
services we have now is prohibitively expensive, so I would suggest
investigating alternatives with some urgency if this is the case and
sponsorship cannot be re-established.

Rik

On 04/10/17 12:55, Clive Johnston wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Last night we had a hiccup with one of the Kubuntu Continuous
> Integration (KCI) slaves (linode-01), which reminded me to mention this.
>
> With all the excitement surrounding the Kubuntu Council elections and
> getting ready to release Kubuntu 17.10, we seem to have overlooked the
> fact the server used for packaging work and also KCI provided by Linode
> has actually expired (We received sponsorship via Aaron Honeycutt).
>
> To avail of this sponsorship, someone had to provide credit card details
> in order to setup an account.  Phillip (yofel) kindly agreed to this in
> order to get the services online as soon as possible.  However, since
> the sponsorship has lapsed, I believe that the full fee is now being
> charged to Philip's card and wanted to bring this to the attention of
> the Kubuntu Council.
>
> We receive donations via our website and have a healthy sum in the bank,
> therefore I propose that Phillip is refunded any expenses he has
> incurred by this act of kindness.  I would also like the KC to approach
> Linode about further sponsorship, if possible in order to keep the
> services we have or even a reduced rate paid from the Kubuntu fund directly.
>
> Can someone look into this as soon as possible please?
>
> Clive

.

Re: [Kubuntu-council] Linode sponsorship

Valorie Zimmerman-3
+ one on refunding Phil in full for whatever he's had to pay for. Can
we get one more +1 on that, KC?

1. Phil, will you write to Jon, our Treasurer and ask him to give you
that money in whatever way is best.

2. Phil, if you have a ticket open or account details that Aaron will
need in his request to linode, can you please give those to him
privately?

Clive, thanks for bringing this issue up so it doesn't get forgotten
and more expensive.

Valorie