LoCo Census

Re: LoCo Census

Jacob Peddicord
Greetings from Ohio!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Daniel Holbach
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?

About the same. 6 months ago we were planning for OLF (and other
random events) and now we're planning for a LoCo meetup and trying to
have regular meetings.

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>   joining/leaving?

Our population is pretty stable. :)
We had a small surge of members after OLF late last year, and right
now it's about 1 person leaving for every 2 joining.

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?

We do not.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>   (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>   you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>   or expired in the last cycle/year?

As others have mentioned, LP doesn't show when they deactivate, though
scanning my inbox it looks like about... 15? Not 100% sure on the
accuracy of that statistic.

cheers

--
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net/

Re: LoCo Census

Felipe Gil Castiñeira-2
Hi Daniel,

This is the feedback from the Galician LoCo Team

On 25/01/11 11:27, Daniel Holbach wrote:

> If you could reply back to the list and give a brief (one line answers
> are totally fine) update on the following questions, that'd be great.
>
>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?

We have increased our activity. We are working with several Galician
LUGs and other associations devoted to free software in general, to help
them to organize activities and events.

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>    joining/leaving?

7 new members in 2010 (none left the team)

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?

Yes, members must renew their membership every year.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>    (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>    you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>    or expired in the last cycle/year?

None

> Thanks a lot for giving some brief feedback on this. Maybe once we have
> a couple of results we can discuss them together.
>
> Have a great day, and keep up the good work,
>  Daniel

Thanks!

        Felipe.

Re: LoCo Census

Jack Deslippe-2
Greetings from the California-Team

>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?

This past cycle we added many "Ubuntu hour events" throughout the state of California - meaning team members are now meeting throughout the state on a nearly weekly basis.  We still have approximately the same amount of large planned events (SCALE9X, Solano Stroll, Maker Faire, Global Jams) per cycle as previously.

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>   joining/leaving?

Our active population is growing and presently around 100 members.  Last cycle, a launchpad expiration policy was implemented that dropped a lot of (~100) stale members (who did not choose to renew) who had accumulated over the past several years.  In the past year we gained approximately 20 active members.

Note: Our launchpad team is not used for much, users really only need it to add events to the loco directory, and the number of members who edit the directory is small. The team website is handled under a separate project (~ubuntu-california-website) and our mailing list currently has 209 members.

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?

We do now.  Every year, members must renew.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>   (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>   you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>   or expired in the last cycle/year?

As mentioned above, the past cycle was an exception because expiry was introduced.  Previous to this about 10-15 members left per year.

Cheers,

Jack Deslippe
Elizabeth Krumbach
David Wonderly

RE: LoCo Census

Diego -
This goes for the Ubuntu Honduras Team

In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?
It was less than the cycle before, we got many problems, one of there was to get the ubuntu 10.10 cds :(
 * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
 joining/leaving?
We are using it, but not as a way to know who is part of the team.
 * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?
No, we don't
 * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
 (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
 you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
 or expired in the last cycle/year?
We got 7 members deactivated

Re: LoCo Census

Flavio Martins
Hello, this is the Ubuntu Portugal report,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:27, Daniel Holbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?

It is about the same.

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>   joining/leaving?

The number of joins is around 20. Around 5 people expired or left.

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?

In the translation team the policy is membership expiry in 1 year.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>   (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>   you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>   or expired in the last cycle/year?

Around 4 people expired from the translation team. One got deactivated.

> Thanks a lot for giving some brief feedback on this. Maybe once we have
> a couple of results we can discuss them together.
>
> Have a great day, and keep up the good work,
>  Daniel

Thanks!

Re: LoCo Census

Jan Claeys-3
Daniel Holbach schreef op di 25-01-2011 om 11:27 [+0100]:
> If you could reply back to the list and give a brief (one line answers
> are totally fine) update on the following questions, that'd be great.
>
>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?

I think it is more or less "normal".  Activity is in some ways "cyclic",
e.g. LTS releases always see more release party activity.

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>    joining/leaving?

We have several LP teams and some of them are used to define roles on
our locoteam site, e.g. to define who can edit the calendar, the main
site pages, etc. (using the Drupal module that handles permissions based
on openid & LP group membership).

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?

I don't think we ever discussed a formal policy, but in practice people
have to confirm once a year.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>    (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>    you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>    or expired in the last cycle/year?

It looks more or less normal (average) to me.

--
Jan Claeys

Re: LoCo Census

Chuck Frain
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Daniel Holbach wrote:

>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?
Down
>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>    joining/leaving?
can you define 'many'?
>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?
no
>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>    (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>    you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>    or expired in the last cycle/year?
Unknown because that link does not tell us when the member was
deactivated.

--
Chuck Frain
GPG Key: B2420431

Re: LoCo Census

Daniel Holbach-2
Am 02/01/2011 01:00 AM, schrieb Chuck Frain:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Daniel Holbach wrote:
>>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>>    joining/leaving?
> can you define 'many'?

We just wanted to get a feeling for how things are going. I would trust
your judgment if it's "many" or not.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

LoCo Census

Duane Hinnen

Oklahoma LoCo

 * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?
The same.

 * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
  joining/leaving?
Not as many joining as i would like. Did not have very many leaving.

 * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?
No. We did for a short time and decided to stop.

 * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
  (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
  you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
  or expired in the last cycle/year?
5 members expired

Duane Hinnen

Re: LoCo Census

Rubén Romero y Cordero
Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Daniel Holbach
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Norwegian LoCo Team details here.

> If you could reply back to the list and give a brief (one line answers
> are totally fine) update on the following questions, that'd be great.
>
>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?
The same. Although a re-coordination of the team is going on and I
believe we will have more activities further down the line.

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>   joining/leaving?
Not really. And it's an open team

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?
Not a special one, no.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>   (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>   you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>   or expired in the last cycle/year?
None. Ever.

> Thanks a lot for giving some brief feedback on this. Maybe once we have
> a couple of results we can discuss them together.
>
> Have a great day, and keep up the good work,
>  Daniel

Regards,
-
Rubén Romero
https://launchpad.net/~huayra

Re: LoCo Census

Julian Alarcon
UIbuntu Colombia
(Not Columbia hey ;) )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia
http://ubuntu-co.com/

* In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?
What did you mena with cycle? In the last 4 months we have a little
less activity inside the community, caused by the holydays, but we are
back!

 * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
  joining/leaving?
Many people joining the team! (17 in the last 4 months) But also some
people's membership has expired (10 ex-members).
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-co/+members?inactive_start=0&inactive_batch=300&active_batch=300

 * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?
Yes, one year, you must to Renewal
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam/NuevosMiembros
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam/NuevosMiembrosEN

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam/RenovacionMembresia

 * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
  (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
  you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
  or expired in the last cycle/year?

In the last 4 months as I said, 10 members.

--

Julian Alarcon

Administrator (not the only one) of Ubuntu Colombian Team