MRTG Question

Neal Kingcade
I want to use MRTG for traffic and performance recording. Do I need to
go to the site and download the tarball and compile. Or is there an app
that synaptic can load that will accomplish the same thing?? thanks.

Neal

Re: MRTG Question

Mario Splivalo
On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 07:36 -0500, Neal Kingcade wrote:
> I want to use MRTG for traffic and performance recording. Do I need to
> go to the site and download the tarball and compile. Or is there an app
> that synaptic can load that will accomplish the same thing?? thanks.

mario@ekim:~$ apt-cache search mrtg
ap-utils - Access Point SNMP Utils for Linux
cacti - Frontend to rrdtool for monitoring systems and services
cfgstoragemaker - MRTG config generator for storage monitoring via SNMP
checkservice - Checks the status of services on (remote) hosts
iog - Network I/O byte grapher
mrtg - multi router traffic grapher
mrtg-contrib - multi router traffic grapher (contributed files)
mrtg-ping-probe - Ping module for Multi Router Traffic Grapher
mrtgutils - Utilities to generate statistics for mrtg
remstats - Remote Statistics System: collectors and presentation-cgis
statgrab - sysctl-style access to system statistics
qmailmrtg7 - qmail mrtg graph generator
mario@ekim:~$

        Mike

P.S. You could achieve the same thing going trough synaptic, searching
for 'mrtg'.

--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."