Maxed out connections on us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com?

Maxed out connections on us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com?

Jake Vossen
Hey everyone,

I have been getting a lot of these errors while using us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

```
@ERROR: max connections (65) reached -- try again later
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1666) [Receiver=3.1.2]
```

Any talk of increasing the limit? Anyone else experiencing this?

--
Jake Vossen (he/him/his)
Colorado School of Mines, Class of 2022

Re: Maxed out connections on us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com?

Carsten Otto
Same here, rt.ubuntu.com #35512.
--
Dr. Carsten Otto
http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/

Re: Maxed out connections on us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com?

Haw Loeung
On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 11:29:05AM -0600, Jake Vossen wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have been getting a lot of these errors while using us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
>
> ```
> @ERROR: max connections (65) reached -- try again later
> rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1666) [Receiver=3.1.2]
> ```
>
> Any talk of increasing the limit? Anyone else experiencing this?
The limit has been increased earlier today. Also, per source/IP limits
have been put in place to avoid abuse from single or sets of IPs
consuming all available rsync slots. Let us know, preferably via RT,
if this is still an issue.

Regards,

Haw

Re: Maxed out connections on us.rsync.archive.ubuntu.com?

Jonathan Sélea
Hi there,
Thanks!
Looks good so far! Currently syncing without any errors!

--
Jonathan Sélea

Website: https://jonathanselea.se
PGP Key: 0x8B35B3C894B964DD
Fingerprint: 4AF2 10DE 996B 673C 0FD8  AFA0 8B35 B3C8 94B9 64DD