Me-TV and ubuntu 18-04

Bret Busby-2
Hello.

I have a UbuntuMATE 18.04 installation.

The Software Centre of previous versions, and, apparently, many other
packages, have been disappeared, in the change to 18.04 - they were in
previous versions of Ubuntu, but are not available in the (clean)
installation of Ubuntu 18.04 .

The Me TV application was the only  TV application that I could get
working on 16.04.

The Me TV website makes it prohibitively difficult to contact any of
the Me TV people.

Are any of the MeTV developers on this list?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
 Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
 "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
 A Trilogy In Four Parts",
 written by Douglas Adams,
 published by Pan Books, 1992

Re: Me-TV and ubuntu 18-04

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Montag, den 11.06.2018, 14:56 +0800 schrieb Bret Busby:

> Hello.
>
> I have a UbuntuMATE 18.04 installation.
>
> The Software Centre of previous versions, and, apparently, many other
> packages, have been disappeared, in the change to 18.04 - they were
> in
> previous versions of Ubuntu, but are not available in the (clean)
> installation of Ubuntu 18.04 .
>
> The Me TV application was the only  TV application that I could get
> working on 16.04.
>
> The Me TV website makes it prohibitively difficult to contact any of
> the Me TV people.
there is https://launchpad.net/me-tv which has a "report a bug" button
at the top right ... it also links to https://launchpad.net/~me-tv-admi
nistration which seems to have a mailing list address on it ...

in general though, it seems like the package was simply removed from
debian so there isnt much ubuntu can do about it (unless you find a
universe maintainer who wants to take full responsibility of the
package) ...

(there seems to also be work on a gtk3 port at https://github.com/Me-TV
/Me-TV)

ciao