Menu Editor

Thomas Blasejewicz
Good evening
I installed xubuntu 14.04 (based "tuxtrans") on two note books.
The OS came with an item called "Menu Editor", found under Accessories.

However, as fas as I can tell, clicking on it, trying to run it from the
command line etc.
does not do anything.
(there used to be an error when doing so, but for some reason that one
has 'evaporated')

Is that normal?
Or am I supposed to see anything?
I would like to edit one or more menus ...

Thank you.
Thomas

Re: Menu Editor

James Freer
On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> Good evening
> I installed xubuntu 14.04 (based "tuxtrans") on two note books.
> The OS came with an item called "Menu Editor", found under Accessories.
>
> However, as fas as I can tell, clicking on it, trying to run it from the
> command line etc.
> does not do anything.
> (there used to be an error when doing so, but for some reason that one
> has 'evaporated')
>
> Is that normal?
> Or am I supposed to see anything?
> I would like to edit one or more menus ...
>
> Thank you.
> Thomas

There is a Xubuntu mailing list which I suggest you join and then you can post
specifics to xubuntu on that, and read the more general Ubuntu posts on this
list.

There are two menus in xubuntu; Mouse menu (newer default one) or Applications
menu (older one which I prefer). To install the applications menu; mouse click
on the panel > Add items. You are then able to edit either. The Mouse menu is a
little more complicated to edit... I went back to the Applications menu.

hth
james