Menu Editor

Phil-2
Is it possible to add a new menu item to the Application launcher?

I can easily see how to add a submenu. For example, the first menu is
"Development" and I could add a submenu under that but that's not what I
want. What I'm looking for is "add menu" rather than "add submenu".

Phil

Re: Menu Editor

Thomas Tanghus
On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 00.52.03 CEST Phil wrote:
> Is it possible to add a new menu item to the Application launcher?
>
> I can easily see how to add a submenu. For example, the first menu is
> "Development" and I could add a submenu under that but that's not what I
> want. What I'm looking for is "add menu" rather than "add submenu".

- Right-click on the Application launcher icon.
- Configure Application Launcher.
- Right-click "Development".
- Select "New Item".

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Thomas Tanghus

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

Re: Menu Editor

Phil-2
On 13/8/19 11:17 am, Thomas Tanghus wrote:

> On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 00.52.03 CEST Phil wrote:
>> Is it possible to add a new menu item to the Application launcher?
>>
>> I can easily see how to add a submenu. For example, the first menu is
>> "Development" and I could add a submenu under that but that's not what I
>> want. What I'm looking for is "add menu" rather than "add submenu".
> - Right-click on the Application launcher icon.
> - Configure Application Launcher.
> - Right-click "Development".
> - Select "New Item".

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to answer. However, I want to add a
new menu item to the list rather than a new item or a new submenu to an
existing menu item.

Phil

Re: Menu Editor

Thomas Tanghus
On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 00.25.55 CEST Phil wrote:

> On 13/8/19 11:17 am, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 00.52.03 CEST Phil wrote:
> >> Is it possible to add a new menu item to the Application launcher?
> >>
> >> I can easily see how to add a submenu. For example, the first menu is
> >> "Development" and I could add a submenu under that but that's not what
> >> want. What I'm looking for is "add menu" rather than "add submenu".
> >
> > - Right-click on the Application launcher icon.
> > - Configure Application Launcher.
> > - Right-click "Development".
> > - Select "New Item".
>
> Thank you Thomas for taking the time to answer. However, I want to add a
> new menu item to the list rather than a new item or a new submenu to an
> existing menu item.
Now I see what you mean: When selecting "New Item..." for creating a new in
main list, it creates it under the first folder in the list. Not very
intuitive.
What you can do, is to create it as described, the Drag'n'Drop it so it's
place in the list. Then it will be under the "Applications" menu.

Again: not very intuitive :/

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Thomas Tanghus

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

Re: Menu Editor

Phil-2
On 14/8/19 8:49 am, Thomas Tanghus wrote:

> Now I see what you mean: When selecting "New Item..." for creating a new in
> main list, it creates it under the first folder in the list. Not very
> intuitive.
> What you can do, is to create it as described, the Drag'n'Drop it so it's
> place in the list. Then it will be under the "Applications" menu.
>
> Again: not very intuitive :/
>
> Thank you again Thomas. I got it working but it took a bit of messing
> around to get it all working correctly.

Phil